It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-23-2005, 11:10 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

lbp35 HB User
Too much info, I know!

As most of you know how the boards, my dh has type 2.Has had over 20 years & ob are few & far between. Lately his ob's are near his anus. Anyway he thought he had a hemmorhoid the other day because of the pain he was experiencing during a bm. He couldn't tell so I had to look...I know, I know...too much info butt(LOL) my question is Can you get sores right directly on your anus??? It did look like he had a hemmorhoid but it also had like little holes like blisters could have been there??????? He has had them near but never right on, it is painful and I wondered if anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

Old 02-23-2005, 12:10 PM   #2
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User
Re: Too much info, I know!

From what I have read Yes. It can move to different parts of the body but the further from the source it gets the weaker it is. Although I do not know how that could not hurt. My lower back has started itching and I honestly wonder if that could be the cause. I hope this helps some. I just start really doseing up my immune system with vitamins, antivirals, and natural supplements known to thwart the replication. It seems to help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2005, 12:18 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

lbp35 HB User

mmmmmm that is interesting. I never knew that- about it being weaker the further from the source it gets.Thanks for your help!

Old 02-23-2005, 01:10 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

Yup you can get herpes sores there. Studies have shown that for some reason, if herpes sores migrate to appear in a different part of the genitals, they often move back towards the anus - possibly because of the way the nerves are connected up down there.

Old 02-23-2005, 04:36 PM   #5
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

Do you mean they could be on my back? If so is it a permanent move?

Old 02-23-2005, 04:51 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

Genital herpes outbreaks can occur anywhere in the area that would be covered by a pair of boxer shorts and occasionally can migrate slightly further than that. You could have herpes / herpes symptoms on your lower back in theory but I personally doubt to be honest that this is causing the itching.

Old 02-24-2005, 04:43 PM   #7
(female)

kalirb HB User

Yep, anal herpes, the most painful of any I have had yet. I thought I was going to lose my mind, well, what is left of it. Have him try the preperation H wipes. They have witch hazel, and are really cooling on the pain. I also use them on my vaginal outbreaks to keep myself clean.

Old 02-25-2005, 01:02 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

Yes, you can get them on your anus or anal area. I'm female and my very first ob was in that spot. Talk about ouch!! At first i had no idea what it was, it was just an itch and i thought that perhaps i had not wiped properly after going to the toilet. Then i noticed a sting and after getting a mirror to have a look i noticed very tiny bumps which looked like the typical cold sore bumps you might get on your lip.

At first i used straight tea tree oil on the ob. This hurt like you wouldn't believe, but trust me, no itching for an entire day!! Utter bliss. Then i began to wonder if the tea tree was too strong and could be doing more harm than good, so i went with a suggestion made on these boards and began diluting it. It's good when diluted and you dont feel it sting. It cleanses the area nicely and tea tree is also good for keeping away yeast infections at the vaginal area.

As i felt what i believed to be a third ob occurring, due to the itching, i took a garlic gel capsule and smeared the garlic oil on the area where i felt the itch and it was instantly soothing. That was at New Years Eve or about that time and i've not had a full blown ob since. Every time i feel anything unusual i just apply the garlic oil once or twice per day and then later on only once per day, dwindling down to just every so often.

I don't know if it's just been a coincidence, but get your husband to apply garlic oil on his anal area and see how it goes. The skin tissue there is very delicate so after going to the toilet he shouldn't wipe as per normal and those baby wipe type tissues might be good. Applying the garlic oil onto a q-tip and cleaning the area gently is also another good thing to do.

As my very first ob was in this spot, i often wonder if there is a chance of ob's moving to my vaginal area? i hope not, as i think they would be far easier to deal with in the anal area than vaginal, after what i've read about what some females have gone through.

Old 02-25-2005, 05:17 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

lbp35 HB User

Audrey,
Thanks so much for your help! I will mention the garlic oil to hubby. He already uses the baby wipes but it's rough wiping....ouch! You know what I mean. It was strange cause he has had them very near there before but never right on! It is a good thing he is really good at checking himself out or we may have just continued to think it was a hemmorhoid and that would have put me at risk. Boy, this is a tricky virus sometimes, huh? Anyway thanks for the advice!

Closed Thread