It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2005, 03:05 AM   #1
(male)

xpress80 HB User
Treating Scabs

Hi there,

I have had a cold sore for about a week now. It has lead to fevers, sore throats, painful gums & mouth. Doctore says its tonsillitis so I am on antibiotics, washing my mouth out 3 times a day with TCP, on probiotics, multivitamins and also taking a chamomile ointment for my cold sore.

Now my cold sore was forming a scab, I was instructed to keep it moist and apply the ointment which I have done. The scab is looking alright but doesnt seem to be recovering much.

Now the million dollar question. I have always had a gut feel that scabs should be left on their own to dry and fall off but the doc had other ideas, treat it with oinment and keep it moist.

I am not sure what to do!

Please help.

THanks in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2005, 06:15 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lbp35 HB User
Re: Treating Scabs

I agree with you! Let it dry & leave it alone. I have a bad habit of picking and that only makes it angrier Let it dry up!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread