It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2005, 12:40 PM   #1
(female)

JDgirl HB User
What should I ask at the Dr.?

Recently diagnosed, but not by my regular Dr. but an asociate. I was whipped in and out and prescribed Valtrex. After coming here and seeing all the differences in everyone's H patterns, I've come to realize I've probably had this for over a year. Been with the same guy for 9 years, always used condoms until I had my tubes tied a year ago and whammo...weird tingling etc. Thought I had a shaving cut that wouldn't go away, after 2 weeks I went in to see what the heck. Did a swab and tested +. After reading these posts, I don't even know if it's 1 or 2! Should I get a blood test for this? I've never had the dreaded "initial outbreak" I read of. Is that still to come?? What's the deal with antibodies?
Thanks for the great info you all provide.

Old 02-24-2005, 02:19 PM   #2

kierstyn_04 HB User
Re: What should I ask at the Dr.?

If I were you, and I have been meaning to ask my own dr, should you be on Valtrex or should you let your body do its thing to build up antibodies? I hear mixed things some say valtrex will make your OB less frequent and severe down the line, some say that letting your body build up its on defence is how to make your OB less severe and less frequent! That valtrex doesnt allow your body the chance to build up antibodies against it. I think thats a good question. If you ask that let me know what your dr says. Tell them you felt rushed and ask stuff. if you have questions about transmission etc. Good luck hope it goes well and you dont get the drive-thru feeling I did! I spent more time in the sdrive thru at taco bell on the way home than I did with the dr.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2005, 03:55 PM   #3
(female)

JDgirl HB User

I stopped taking the Valtrex. I don't have very severe symptoms but when I feel the tingle I pop one and I'm good to go. I really think building up an antibody is the thing to do too. Time will tell I guess. Thanks for the reply.

Old 02-24-2005, 09:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

jd- as listed above, my doctor didnt prescribe me on anything either. I did however load up on lysine and she did send me home with a prescription just incase i do have another OB and that was back in november.

The best thing you can do for having questions is make a list. I sat down and wrote down everything I needed/wanted to know.

I as well am not sure if i have type1 or type2, but im thinking its type1 since i do believe its from oral sex with a coldsore wiht my fiance.

Good luck, and just become educated.

Closed Thread