It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2005, 09:27 AM   #1
(female)

sdl121 HB User
Constant Continuous Outbreaks??

I'm getting so frustrated. It seems like I'm getting outbreaks once a month about a week before I start my period. They are lasting for 2-3 weeks. Then I'm fine for about a week then another starts up. They aren't really horrible or anything, just some bumps like a rash, but no pain. I've even tried paying attention for some tingling so I could tell they were coming, but I really haven't had any tingling either. I'm just tired of having them all the time!! I didn't think outbreaks were supposed to last that long. Or I thought they'd eventually start to get less frequent.

I still never had a blood test done and official diagnosis, my doctor just told me it was probably herpes and if the outbreaks got too much for me to handle she would put me on valtrex. I was really hoping to stay off medication.

Its driving me absolutely crazy. I'm starting to think maybe its something other than herpes causing this. Has anyone else had this problem??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2005, 09:46 AM   #2
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User
Re: Constant Continuous Outbreaks??

I have had them last for about a month so from what I can tell it can do some funny things. I started taking a few things you might want to try something natural first and see if it helps.
Here is a list of a few things to get you started.
1)olive leaf extract
2)Grapefruit seed extract
3)DMSO
4)Garlic
5)Echinacea
6)oil of oregano
7)L-lysine
8)Indole3-Carbinol
9)Red sea algae
10)extract of black elderberry
11)VitaminC
12)Zinc

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2005, 09:57 AM   #3

kierstyn_04 HB User

Tell me about it . . . . . you are not alone! I have been almost continuous for over a month I woudl be ok for like 2 or 3 days and then Id get another. Mine arent quite like you describe yours I get one or maybe 2, mine do hurt and itch and then htey go away after about 6 days only to return in a day or two! I have tried the natural thing too. I take zinc, red marine algae and valtex 1g a day, every day. Granted I just started that again so we'll see if that has an effect on it. Are you on birth control pills? I got them every month before my period when I was on the pill, when I went off the pill, I went like 3 months with nothing! Then I went back on the pill, I think there is a link there. Good luck, try some of the herbal stuff. There is a lot on info on the internet about suppliments and what they do zinc seems to be good for treating herpes. Good luck hope you get better soon!

Old 02-28-2005, 10:15 AM   #4
(female)

sdl121 HB User

Thanks for the tips. I'll definitely start trying some of that stuff.

Yes, I am on the pill. I just started a new pack and was going to see how this month went. If I got more outbreaks I was going to stop taking it a while and see if that helped at all.

I thought I saw someone say something on here about a mixture of olive oil and garlic helped? Am I thinking of the right thing? If these don't get better I might try the valtrex, but it's so expensive. Even with my insurance it's almost $70 a month. Thats crazy!!

Thanks again for the tips and posting. This does suck so bad sometimes. I haven't even told any of my closest friends about having herpes so you have no idea how nice it is to have a place to go and people to talk to about this!!!

Old 02-28-2005, 10:58 AM   #5
(female)

JDgirl HB User

I have almost constant tingling. It goes away for about a day and a half, and then statrs back up again. I seem to have a constant paper cut downthere somewhere. This is so annoying! Does it ever stop???!!

Old 02-28-2005, 11:38 AM   #6
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

I am a guy so I would not know about the pill thing. Yes it does get better..... I think. According to what I have read the first year is the worst then it gets better. Only 2 months left to go till my year is up.

Old 02-28-2005, 01:59 PM   #7
(female)

sherbear24 HB User

Hi all,
I can tell you that yes it does get better. I was diagnosed over 10 years ago. The only time I have an outbreak is when I am very stressed out. They do say stress is one of the main reasons for an outbreak. When I start to get the sensation of an outbreak I immediately start taking echinacea to boost my immune system and it usually always either stops the outbreak or it only lasts 2-3 days.

Old 02-28-2005, 02:59 PM   #8
(female)

sdl121 HB User

Well it's good to know it gets better. I can't deal with this for the rest of my life!! I'm sorry, this is still all really new to me and I'm having a hard enough time coping with just the idea of having herpes. Having to be reminded of it every single day isn't helping matters at all I'm trying to keep a good attitude and think that it could be worse.

I've heard real good things about Lysine so hopefully that and some of the other ideas will work.

Have you all really found that the first year is the worst? I can't imagine it really going downhill from here!

Old 03-01-2005, 08:49 AM   #9

lifechange HB User

Better? I have had it for about a year and a half now. From the get go it was brutal and that is saying it mildly. I have never experienced something so painful and awful in my entire life. I tried everything....Valtrex is the only thing that keeps it under control and even then...I still get an outbreak with my period. This month Valtrex seemd not to work, I have had 3 outbreaks. I have tried it all!!!!! I am so depressed and want to end it! I cannot live like this, in constant pain and aggravation, it is just not worth it. I am single to boot, having a break up with a guy who had herpes. Now I feel like a freak and I have tried relaxtion, prayer, healthy lifestyle, giving up everything....but this keeps reminding me that it is there, and no matter how much I have tried to beat it, accept it, laugh, I still know the truth...I have herpes, it is highly contagius and the strain I seem to have is eating at my soul. Sorry I am venting I just don't understand this.

Old 03-01-2005, 10:24 AM   #10
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

Life change relax you are no different than anyone else. It is kind of like getting the flu. You said you have tried everything here is a list check it out.

1)olive leaf extract with 20% oleuropein
2)grapefruit seed extract
3)DMSO
4)Garlic
5)Echinacea
6)oil of oreagano
7)L-lysine
8)Indole3-carbinol
9)Standard extract of black elderberry
10)Red sea algae
11)VitaminC
12)Zinc
13)Collodial Silver

Boost your immune system right before that time of the month take tons of C and zinc, Ech, and garlic.
Plan ahead I read on these boards tough times do not last tough people do. Stay strong.

Old 03-01-2005, 04:28 PM   #11
(female)

sherbear24 HB User

Try to relax. I know it seems like it is the end of the world. I know because I felt that way. I felt dirty, and that what man would ever want me with H. I can reassure you from first hand experience it will get better, but stressing yourself out about it will only make it worse. My doctor (gyn) told me that stress is the number one reason for outbreaks. If you never relax your body never has a chance to mend itself. Try the natural remedies. Like I mentioned before Echinecea has done wonders for me. It really boosts your immune system. Zinc and vitamin C will help as well. I also read in a natural remedy book that after a nice warm bath, take your blow dryer (on low heat) and hold it over the sores it helps dry them out and heal faster. I've tried it and it does help. They don't itch or burn after that. I hope this helps!! Just remember you are not alone.

Old 03-01-2005, 07:19 PM   #12
(female)

windinmyhair HB User

Sherbear is right. For starters I tried lysine, a multi vitamin and ech. I ditched caffeine, chocolate (oh how that killed me!) and fatty fried foods. I already take Valtrex which seems to numb the symptoms. I just started exercising so I can't give you a for-sure on that. But for me, just doing this little bit has helped. I have had a year long outbreak that just won't go away, but I can see the difference; the outbreak is not as brutal and wide spread and PAINFULL (Ouch ouch ouch!). Everyone is right - stress is what will do it to you. So be very good to yourself. Treat yourself to a warm bath with Epsom salt, light a candle, lock the door and relax. I now think of it this way: getting this was a severe reminder that I need to start taking good care of myself.
And...you are definitely NOT dirty. It's a part of your body now, so treat it as you would your own body.

Old 03-02-2005, 02:53 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

The list which Stillhope1 gave is an excellent list and yes you read correctly that maranading slices of garlic in pure olive oil was a remedy. I have only been diagnosed since last november and i had what felt to be back to back outbreaks. Mine aren't painful, but do get itchy and sting and feel like a general nuisance which did remind me of the fact i had herpes all the time.

One day i was sitting down and reading the paper and i had had about one week with no outbreak and then i felt the distinctive itching. I remembered the oil and garlic mixture but as i had begun to take garlic capsules again to boost my immune system i thought why not take a short cut and cut open the garlic gel capsule and smear some of the garlic oil onto the actual outbreak area. It pretty much instantly soothed the entire area from itching and i did this off and on for a couple of days and i didn't get the actual outbreak. I've not had a proper ob since New Years. Whether i get an itch or not i will apply the garlic oil on that particular spot every so often, just as a precaution.

Who would have thought to see the day where garlic would become my BEST friend!!

Just remember, not ALL products, even natural ones, will work for ALL people eg: for some reason the Olive Leaf Extract gives me nausea and i had not even taken it on an empty stomach.

Old 03-02-2005, 07:32 AM   #14
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

I am not dirty either. But I got it none the less. So we do what we can, we deal with it not stress about it. We all have enough stress in our lives without worring about somthing that will not kill us but we can not cure as of right now. Enjoy life, take me time learn to love you and others always will. We are here for you. I am getting ready to try some Asian herbal supplements I will post if they work they sound like a new way to block the effects. Oh yeah I spend a lot of time researching H and its effects on people I am trying new stuff all the time. When I find it and note I said when, I will let you guys know. The more I have educated my self about H the less stressed or scared of it I am. This has helped greatly with worrying about it. Fight the good fight.

Old 03-02-2005, 08:51 AM   #15
(female)

sherbear24 HB User

I have found that eating right, working out, and getting enough sleep has really benefited the outbreaks. Garlic is a wonderful supplement!! It is good for cardiovascular health as well. I am big on herbal supplements. I will try those first before any drug. Because of my lifestyle changes I have never needed Valtrex or a drug for H.

Closed Thread