It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2005, 06:23 PM   #1
(male)

dave14701 HB User
Can you give it this way?

I have genital herpies. If I don't have an outbreak and a woman is giving me oral sex and she swallows, can I give her the herpies?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-03-2005, 10:26 PM   #2

unlucky_guy HB User
Re: Can you give it this way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave14701
I have genital herpies. If I don't have an outbreak and a woman is giving me oral sex and she swallows, can I give her the herpies?
Yes, you can give her herpes this way. It is not about whether she swallows or not, but the fact that she is giving you unprotected oral sex that matters. Any skin-to-skin contact can transmit herpes. Though it is not as fun, you could consider using a condom during oral sex and that would reduce the chances of infecting your partner orally.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2005, 03:05 PM   #3
(male)

dave14701 HB User

ARe you sure?

Old 03-04-2005, 07:18 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

I agree with the above. It's no the body fluids, its the skin on skin contact. She is at risk of getting oral herpes if this happens. The swallowing of semen is nothing...

Old 03-05-2005, 02:52 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave14701
ARe you sure?
Yes. The above posters are right. Whether the girl swallows is not relevant, this is a virus transmitted by skin-to-skin contact and particularly by contact with an active sore - to a lesser extent, through asymptomatic shedding.

Having said this, which type of herpes do you have? If you have type 2, it is in fact unlikely that the girl would get oral herpes from your genitals, particularly if she has type 1 already orally (or type 2 herself genitally) - type 2 prefers the genitals.

If you have type 1, the chances of her getting orally infected are higher as type 1 prefers the mouth.

Old 03-06-2005, 12:21 PM   #6
(male)

Texaz Played HB User

since it could be skin to skin....would a handjob transmit herpes? without her having cuts or ne thing like that...like me giving it to her...just curiosity...i dont know if i have it....but i dont wanna give off something....

Old 03-06-2005, 12:39 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texaz Played
since it could be skin to skin....would a handjob transmit herpes? without her having cuts or ne thing like that...like me giving it to her...just curiosity...i dont know if i have it....but i dont wanna give off something....
No otherwise everyone in the world would have herpes ;-)

It's not skin to skin, any skin - it's the skin of the affected area coming into contact with the skin in an area which would be likely to have the virus transmitted to it:

Mouth --- > mouth
Mouth --- > genitals
Genitals --- > mouth
Genitals --- > genitals

More rarely transmission can happen via the hands, but only where a person has touched their sore and then almost immediately touched a partner's mouth or genitals. You should always wash your hands after touching a herpes sore, as soap and water readily deactivates the virus.

Old 03-11-2005, 01:11 PM   #8

auguste HB User

Dave

It is definitely possible to get it that way, believe you me. Does your partner have it now?

Last edited by auguste; 03-11-2005 at 01:12 PM. Reason: didn't finish

Closed Thread