It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2005, 10:17 AM   #1

lifechange HB User
Could This Also Be Herpes?

I have HSV 2 genitally, diagnosed one year and 3 months ago. Never any signs prior to my primary outbreak. But.....l get a '' diaper rash'' looking thing on my butt and the red spots really hurt, burn and sting. Thinking back I have had this for about 6 years but my doc said it is from wearing thong underwear and having nylons, jeans and other fabric irritating my exposed butt ( lol!), but I am wondering if it is herpes on my butt and could have possibly originated there before my vaginal breakout. I am not sure because the primary breakout I had was brutal and I think that if it was herpes on my butt prior then I would not have had a brutal primary outbreak in the front end.

They are not blisters or sores, just red pimples. Any feedback appreciated because I think I should have asked the doc to to a swab on my '' sweet cheeks''...or maybe she is right and it is just irritation. Whatever it is...it hurts.

Old 03-05-2005, 06:57 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User
Re: Could This Also Be Herpes?

It could be herpes, but one thing I would say is that since I have had genital herpes (HSV1), the whole genital area has been quite a bit more sensitive. The skin is dryer there and I get a lot of irritation from using scented bubble baths etc, which never used to happen before the genital H.

So this could be related to the herpes, but it might just be irritation - a "diaper rash" appearance suggests irritation rather than herpes to me. You could try changing your underwear, detergent etc and seeing if it makes any difference.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread