It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2005, 10:56 AM   #1
(female)

trish1234 HB User
what are these body pains like....

i know all body pains are different but do they happen right before u get an outbreak, where the outbreak is going to happen?
i know the leg pain information, but where else do you hurt?
is there anywhere else? Please inform me....

Old 03-05-2005, 07:12 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User
Re: what are these body pains like....

Most of the time I get a headache the day or so before an ob. Many times my groin just feels a little irritated, as if my panties had rubbed something the wrong way. I've learned not to make excuses at those times ("It's just these new panties...") but to refrain from sex, just in case. Usually I'm glad I did. Sometimes I feel itchy. That's it, besides the leg aches or leg skin sensitivity.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-05-2005, 11:44 PM   #3
(female)

trish1234 HB User

does anyone get like arm pain shoulder knee hand ect.... like really random places
or do u suspect its something else.
how long does it last before an OB happens..? im just so confused i dont get OB's just these nerve pains in really wierd places

Old 03-06-2005, 01:36 AM   #4

internet! HB User

lots of neuropathy unrelated to OBs since I dont seem to have those at all

and yeah, its in random spots, sometimes my shoulders or arms, etc. Im hoping it cools itself off.

Old 03-06-2005, 03:11 AM   #5

unlucky_guy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by trish1234
does anyone get like arm pain shoulder knee hand ect.... like really random places
or do u suspect its something else.
how long does it last before an OB happens..? im just so confused i dont get OB's just these nerve pains in really wierd places
Shooting pains in my wrists, abdomen, and shins a lot. Also weird muscle twitches in random places for about 2 years now. As far as I understand, it's permanent. Herpes can really screw up your nervous system.

Last edited by unlucky_guy; 03-06-2005 at 03:13 AM.

Old 03-06-2005, 03:24 AM   #6

internet! HB User

it aint permanent, bro. People get the same **** with shingles and mono but it dies down in time, it just seems like it takes forever and a day when you gotta live with it knowing herpes is causing it.

Old 03-06-2005, 06:03 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by internet!
it aint permanent, bro. People get the same **** with shingles and mono but it dies down in time, it just seems like it takes forever and a day when you gotta live with it knowing herpes is causing it.
I have had genital HSV1 for about eighteen months. For the first couple of months, the twitching in my nerves and muscles (particularly in my legs) was almost unbearable. It has really died down now to the point where I would say I notice it occasionally, but it's not a problem.

Old 03-06-2005, 08:52 AM   #8
(female)

trish1234 HB User

does this mean in ob is going to happen??

Old 03-06-2005, 01:13 PM   #9

unlucky_guy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker24
I have had genital HSV1 for about eighteen months. For the first couple of months, the twitching in my nerves and muscles (particularly in my legs) was almost unbearable. It has really died down now to the point where I would say I notice it occasionally, but it's not a problem.
Are you on suppressive therapy? Do you think that suppressives may have helped your neurological symptoms?

Last edited by unlucky_guy; 03-06-2005 at 01:14 PM.

Old 03-06-2005, 02:31 PM   #10

internet! HB User

suppresives will definetly slow the neurological symptoms in time. Reason being is if the virus is working overtime and your immune system hasnt got hold of it and the virus has caused jumpy legs and such from damage, keeping it in check for a decent amount of time (6 months to a year) will give your body time to repair the tweaked nerves. If its a constant cycle of prodrome or OB, the nerves never have a chance to get repaired.

If you arent on it, get on famvir and maybe lysine for a while and see if it helps chill things out. Im starting it in a couple weeks since I said Id see how things went for the first year before taking any meds.

Last edited by internet!; 03-06-2005 at 02:32 PM.

Old 03-06-2005, 03:58 PM   #11
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by unlucky_guy
Are you on suppressive therapy? Do you think that suppressives may have helped your neurological symptoms?
Not on suppressive therapy. It would be exceptionally difficult to get suppressive therapy in the UK for HSV1 - I'd have to see an expensive private doctor and most people here just see the public doctors... I had seen a private doctor once to get the genital HSV1 confirmed and I thought well, now I know what it is and I know I it's HSV1 which I have had for years (orally) then I will see if my body can cope with it, without any meds.

Old 10-28-2006, 12:37 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

tnmomofive HB User

SIGH...I know this a really old thread but I thought i'd give this a shot.I have HSV 2 diagnosed several months ago.I have these random little intermittent pains in my left arm,hand,sometimes leg,jaw,neck.These are stabbing,achy,burning pains.I also recently had some numbness and tingling in my left hand.This has been off and on since about 3 months before I had a herpes outbreak and got tested and diagnosed.I thought all the pains were heart related but I had heart testing all comming back normal.So I just wonder if this could all be related to herpes if anyone else has experianced this?

Closed Thread