It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2005, 12:40 PM   #1
(male)

Youthone HB User
Help with symptoms please.

Hello,
Im curious as to whether or not anyone here could help me identify the symptoms ive been having for the past few month's, and if they may be caused by herpes.

Around 2 days after having unprotected sex with my girlfriend i woke up with a strong burning sensation around my genitals which lasted for about a week - No sores,cuts,lesions,fissures etc. I did notice around this time that i was feeling a little sick, some soreness in my joints etc. I was also having a difficult time urinating, and there was a a very mild burning sensation.

This eventually passed, and about 2 month's later i had the burning sensation when urinating again - however this lasted 3 weeks, with no sores or lesions of any sort, just the burning.

Now once again im feeling sick, Heavy nausea for two days with a flu like feeling and sore joints, minor genital irritation and difficulty urinating. Im really note sure what to think. I have been to 3 different doctors and been told that it was not herpes (based off of visual examination) and told that most likely it was due to paranoia and irritated skin due to shaving.

Im going to a clinic tommorow to have a blood test done, but am still concerned that i will turn up a false negative,not really sure what to do..

Old 03-10-2005, 10:45 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User
Re: Help with symptoms please.

It could be some other kind of infection, possibly a urinary tract infection.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2005, 12:31 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

dolysods HB User

have they ever taken a urine sample? that would be my first move if it hurts to urinate at any time.

Old 03-11-2005, 12:09 AM   #4
(male)

Youthone HB User

I have had urine sample's taken (3), all coming back negative as urinary track infection's. I forgot to mention that at one other point i did have a very small dry piece of skin of my penis, however i swabbed it with a wet piece of tissue paper and it went away - no pain or fluid. Ive been to numerous doctors, and had no luck with a diagnosis.

Im very confused and this is putting alot of strain on my relationship because im not willing to have sex with my partner until im confident that shes not at risk for any illness.

Ive have now been to 3 GP and talked with 2 diff. doctors at planned parent hood who have told me that my symptom's could be anything.. which isnt really of much help.

Old 03-11-2005, 01:44 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

Have you been tested for all other STDs apart from herpes? Is there any chance you could have some kind of yeast infection on your genitals (these can be passed from women to men via sexual activity)?

Closed Thread