It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2005, 01:06 PM   #1
(male)

ivanthedog2003 HB User
Very Depressed... Please Help

I was diagnosed last week.... I feel like such an idiot for ever having unsafe sex... I had some dry skin on the shaft of my penis and decided that I should get tested...The dry skin...was just dry skin... but the blood test came back hsv2 + .... I told my gf right away and she was very cool about it ,,,, but I feel like I will never have another gf if she leaves me.. and being needy is not an attractive quality... I bought us a couple of books to educate ourselves and now we know all about the big H and she says that its not a big deal since she has hsv1(since she was 5)...I just don't feel like living right now.... I just went for all my other STD tests and I'm real nervous about them all except HIV because they already came back neg... How do I get thru this time? How do you continue to meet people....

-d

Old 03-07-2005, 01:57 PM   #2
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User
Re: Very Depressed... Please Help

Relax you came to the right place to educate yourself and get support. My GF that gave it to me and I had the same fear. She is gone now and life goes on. It is transmitted during an outbreak or during shedding. Learn about shedding and if you have never had an OB than their is a chance you never will. This to shall pass man. If you need a list of things to try and supress OB's that are natural let me know. It can only change your life if you let it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2005, 02:04 PM   #3
(male)

ivanthedog2003 HB User

I hope it passes ..... I just don't want to end up alone because I made a bad choice... I can't seem to get any work done... How long have you had it??? Did you meet anybody else...

Old 03-07-2005, 02:16 PM   #4
(male)

ivanthedog2003 HB User

Thanks StillHope... I would love the list of things that can help an OB

Old 03-07-2005, 04:59 PM   #5
(female)

sherbear24 HB User

Hi,
I can tell you that it will be okay. I was diagnosed over 10 years ago. It is always hard to tell someone that you have H in the fear of them not wanting to be with you. I can honestly say that when the right person comes along they will understand and will love you for who you are. I am happily married to an amazing guy who does not have H. When we know that I am asymptomatic we find other ways to be close. It is devastating when first diagnosed, but it really is not the end of the world. Good luck to you!!

Old 03-07-2005, 11:50 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

Please don't be so harsh on yourself. My partner and i had protected sex and i still got herpes type 2. Even with condom use you can get herpes.

As for your current relationship, don't stress over what will/wont happen in the future with your relationship. I know it's only natural to think "what if..." i've been there a couple of times and i'm certain others have too. Cross that bridge when it happens, but don't stress yourself now.

Old 03-08-2005, 11:44 AM   #7
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

Yes I am currently seeing someone. It will cut back on having sex real early on but that is because you really date someone and get to know them before you are comfertable enough to tell them. I will post the list later it is a long one. You do not need it all it is usually a combo of two things.

Old 03-09-2005, 10:20 AM   #8
(male)

ivanthedog2003 HB User

So she dumped me last night...
Said I was too needy..... knew that was coming... she said her tests came back clear which I am happy about.

Old 03-09-2005, 01:28 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

Sorry to hear things went that way so soon after you got your results. I realise there isn't anything that can be said to make things better at this stage, but don't give up. It's bad enough finding out the 'positive' result and worse when you part ways with somebody you have been dating. It's ok to give yourself some 'misery' time, but don't allow it to drag on and on as you will only bring yourself down further and further.

By all means, vent if you have to, read up on posts off here as there are some terrific and helpful ones, ranging on how to deal with herpes and relationship issues.

Old 03-09-2005, 06:06 PM   #10
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

Ah yes my friend just because at this time she tested neg. does not mean she will a month down the road. H is trickey like that. Did you see the results?
Anyway on to your list. Some I have tried some I am going to try some are topical some are internal.

1) Lemon juice salt pack
2) Olive leaf extract 20% Oleropein
3) Grape seed extract or grapfuit seed extract (still looking in to this one)
4) DMSO
5) Garlic
6) Echinacea
7) Oil of oregano
8) L-lysine
9) Indole3-Carbinol
10) Standard extract of black Elderberry
11) Red sea algae
12) VitaminC
13) Zinc
14) Collodial Silver
15) Stabilized Oxygen
16) Hydrogen Peroxide
17) Oxygen Therapy
18) Parasite zapper
19) Astragalus Root " activates Interferon"
20) Lemon balm
You do not have to get them all at once. Look for the cheap ones and see what works for you it will be one or two things that will work best.
We are here for ya!

Old 03-10-2005, 06:07 PM   #11
(female)

renessa14 HB User

I don't understand how her results could come back clear if she told you that she has had HS1 since she was 5 years old. You can get genital herpes from a person with HS1. Since you read so much about it, you should know that 1 out of 5 people have a form of herpes. Cold sores are a form too. I have found that people just don't like talking about it, and I am the one, since I got diagnosed, who tells everyone hoping they will open up and want to talk about it too. It really is no big deal though as long as you know and you let any potential partners know, like everyone says if they are worth it they won't mind anyway. Don't beat yourself up about it. I know it is easy to say now, but I didn't leave my bed for days and my boyfriend at the time was in denial, but said his ex had it. He left her soon after he found out and left me too. This is a 10 year friendship down the drain now. He wouldn't even go to the doctor and get diagnosed. He was in denial and is probably still passing it around town. You have come to the right place for help though.

Old 03-13-2005, 09:26 AM   #12
(male)

Groovy HB User
Question Re: Very Depressed... Please Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhope1
Ah yes my friend just because at this time she tested neg. does not mean she will a month down the road. H is trickey like that. Did you see the results?
Anyway on to your list. Some I have tried some I am going to try some are topical some are internal.

1) Lemon juice salt pack
2) Olive leaf extract 20% Oleropein
3) Grape seed extract or grapfuit seed extract (still looking in to this one)
4) DMSO
5) Garlic
6) Echinacea
7) Oil of oregano
8) L-lysine
9) Indole3-Carbinol
10) Standard extract of black Elderberry
11) Red sea algae
12) VitaminC
13) Zinc
14) Collodial Silver
15) Stabilized Oxygen
16) Hydrogen Peroxide
17) Oxygen Therapy
18) Parasite zapper
19) Astragalus Root " activates Interferon"
20) Lemon balm
You do not have to get them all at once. Look for the cheap ones and see what works for you it will be one or two things that will work best.
We are here for ya!
I notice that you have anti-oxidants like Vitamin C and Zinc as well as Oxidants (Stabilized Oxygen, etc) on your list. I don't know much about medicine, but since these treatments are so different (Oxidants increasing oxygen in your system, and anti-oxidants decreasing the amount of oxygen) would they not cancel each other out? Is there someone here that may know a little more about this, becaus eit's something I've been wondering about for a while.

Also, I've been reading a bit lately on the possiblilty of Omega-3 helping stop outbreaks, because it strengthens the cells walls, and the virus is unable to break out. I thought about trying it, but would that inhibit other treatments that need to get to the virus? (DMSO, Choraphor, H-Balm, etc)

If anyone has any info, I'd be very interested in hearing it. tia

Old 03-13-2005, 03:49 PM   #13
(male)

Red Rover HB User

Groovy,

Omega 3? You mean fish oil, topically? New one on me.

Ivan,

You haven't had an outbreak. A lot of people have it and NEVER have an outbreak. Relax.

Rover

Old 03-13-2005, 09:09 PM   #14
(male)

Groovy HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Rover
Omega 3? You mean fish oil, topically? New one on me.
I was referring to Omega-3 supplements to prevent out breaks, not applying topically during. This is what I've picked up from around the net, take it for what it's worth:

Omega-3 fatty acids strengthen cell membranes making them more resistant to viral attack. The herpes virus invades a healthy cell where it will stay latent for a period of time. Outbreaks are the virus reemerging from the cell to try and spread to other "hosts." Cells incorporate into their membranes the type of fat which is consumed in a persons diet. The virus can readily pass through the cell membrane if it contains a high proportion of trans fatty acids. It's believed that a cell membrane with a high proportion of unsaturated fatty acids *should* be more stable and less pervious to the herpes virus. You can increase the proportion of unsaturated fatty acids by taking Omega-3 essential fatty acids and reducing trans fat in the diet.

If anyone else has any more info about this, I would be very interested in hearing it...

Old 03-14-2005, 04:22 AM   #15
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

Listen Groovey that is why I always say different things will work for different people. It all depends on what your body best utilizes to ward off viral attacks.
To answer your question If you look up the definition antioxidants remove things from your blood stream by strengthining your immune system. Stabilized oxygen works on the theroy that a virus can not survive in an oxygen rich environment. H dies in open air.
Fatty I will look in to it. All I know is that it is supposed to help promote healthy brain function. As far as helping with H, anything new to add to the list is good, I will try some and see.

Closed Thread