It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2005, 12:21 AM   #1
(female)

jcmbn HB User
Arrow What would happen if.....

Do any of you know what would happen if you were to use abriva or herpicine on genital outbreaks? I just thought of this and didnt know what would happen. Because shouldnt this work if you have HSV-1 on your genitals?

Last edited by jcmbn; 03-09-2005 at 12:21 AM.

Old 03-09-2005, 11:29 AM   #2

kierstyn_04 HB User
Re: What would happen if.....

Nothing happens, I tried it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2005, 10:30 AM   #3

kierstyn_04 HB User

I have also wondered what would happen if you used some kind of drying product like clearisil or some for my treatment used to dry up or heal acne such as sylisic Acid or benzoyl peroxide. Has anyone tried it? It seems like it would make them heal up faster, then again I am only asking this if you get your OB on a "outer" part knwo what I mean, not like for women who get them in a sensitive spot, but sometimes you get them off to the side, so what would it hurt.

Old 03-10-2005, 02:31 PM   #4
(female)

jcmbn HB User

I havent ever tried using clearisil or anything like that. There is something else I have found that seems to get the outbreak over with faster. Well I know this may sound weird, and I dont know if anyone else does it, but when I have the blisters on my outside skin i break them open and then they scab over and heal way faster for me than if i just let it get to that point by itself. I know that my sound gross, and I havent ever heard anyone talking about doing that before, but it makes it scab over and go away cause the blister has broken. Well that seems to speed up the process for me.....hope i didnt gross anyone out.

Old 03-10-2005, 03:49 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

It's not really a good idea to break open herpes sores as it hurts and you run the risk of infecting them with something else! I'm surprised it helps yours heal more quickly! - trying that kind of thing on my oral herpes when I was younger was exceptionally painful and always made the outbreaks last longer.

Old 03-11-2005, 07:36 AM   #6

kierstyn_04 HB User

No you didnt gross me out, I do the same thing. I have GH though not oral, so when I feel it, I usually break it while in the shower and use a antibacterial soap, kinda stins, but it will be done in about 2 days after that. It helps me too.

Old 03-11-2005, 02:07 PM   #7
(female)

jcmbn HB User

Yeah, I have never had it orally either I just have GH as well. I am kind of surprised to hear that other people do that too, since its not talked about on here, but at the same time not so surprised. I started doing that about maybe 5 months ago. It was really bothering me one day and I got to thinking about if the blister was broken then it should scab over and go away, so i broke the the blister and sure enough.....and so I've been doing it ever since, it really doesnt hurt much at all like you said, just a little sting when I wash it, thats about it.

Old 03-14-2005, 08:47 AM   #8

rhonda45 HB User

I have oral herpes. have had since I was a kid.. I have always broken the blister and then it scabed over and healed quicker.. once I have tried not to break the blister but it seems to take longer to heal.

Closed Thread