It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-09-2005, 02:51 AM   #1
(male)

mgc000 HB User
Herpes?

ok, about 2 years ago i would get a little bump close to the base of my penis. over time it came back off and on, but about 8 months ago i got it again and it swoll up really big in a round egg like shape. at this point in time i went to my doctor and he said it might be herpes. i got tested and the results came back negative for herpes. now i have it again and it started as a blister on my anus for 2 days and then the blister on my penis shortly reapeared. it looks like a bubbly skin colored blister that's hard around the edges, much like a pimple or egg shape that gets bigger and more swollen unless i pop it. i also experienced persistent soreness in my throat and had a big mouth sore/ulcer under my tounge about 2 weeks before it apeared again. i'm so confused, and everything i read about stds on the net sound much alike. but the herpes pictures i've seen look very much like the reucurring blister i have.

does this sound familiar to anyone? can somone help me out or give me some advice please?

Last edited by mgc000; 03-09-2005 at 02:53 AM.

Old 03-10-2005, 10:27 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User
Re: Herpes?

How were you tested for herpes? Was the bump swabbed, or did you have a blood test?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-10-2005, 02:22 PM   #3
(male)

mgc000 HB User

i had blood work done when the blister was still present. it lasts for about 2 days tops if i pop the blister and puss comes out much like an average pimple.

Old 03-10-2005, 03:51 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

OK if I were you, if you can I would get the blood work done again, just to be sure it's not herpes.

You could have some kind of cyst or skin growth, perhaps? I would return to your doctor and see if s/he has any other ideas.

Old 06-25-2005, 01:26 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

t_411 HB Usert_411 HB Usert_411 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgc000
i had blood work done when the blister was still present. it lasts for about 2 days tops if i pop the blister and puss comes out much like an average pimple.
The only real way to know if it's for sure herpes is the have a "herpes Culture Test" done. They have to take a small bit of the fluid from inside the blister in order to do the culture test. The blood tests don't always have sure results when it comes to herpes. I have coldsores which is also, herpes & my blood test came back neative BUT my culture test was positive for herpes.
What you described does sound like herpes.
A guy friend of mine has genital herpes and his blisters for some reason come up in one of his butt cheeks & his penis.
Do a search on the internet (on a search engine) for these words: "herpes photos" and you can see exactly what herpes looks like.
The sore in your mouth could have been what's called a "herpes zoster" which is a larger type of herpes sore.
DON'T pop it and don't touch it! When you get the fluid from the blister on your fingers then you can spread it to other parts of your body in a cut, scratch, in your nose, eyes (you can go blind from herpes in the eye), anus, mouth, etc.. You can also spread it to other people if the come in contact with the blister or fluids from it so, wash your hands ofter with antibacterial for 30 seconds each time you wash and rinse for 10 seconds. The best thing to do it to NOT have sex during an out break of blisters. Wait until they are completely healed and always use condoms just to be sure not to spread it or contract another type of STD. There is no cure for herpes but there are supression medications that can help you to have less out breaks. As you get older you will get less out breaks anyway. BUT, tanning beds, sun burns, foods or drinks with lots of an amino acid called "argenine" arginine" not sure the spelling anyway, such as coffee, peanuts, peanut butter. etc., getting sick with a cold for example (when your immune system is lowered), extreem cold weather, upset stomach & stress can all cause you to have an out break of the blisters. I miss tanning! but I sure don't miss those blisters!
I used to get them about every 3 months at first. It's been about 8 years since I got it and now I only have them about 2 times a year which is great! I think it's due to my avoiding the things I mentioned above. (i do have one coffee a day now though). If I drink too much or have a peanut butter sandwich 3 days in a row, I'll get an out break!) So, if you can't live with out coffee or peanuts then have them in moderation. Eventually you'll see the triggers as to how much of those foods you can have without having an out break. As for tanning, only go with natural sun light or tanning lotions. Make sure not to get a sun burn though because you will get an out break.
Just have a culture test done while you have a blister and you'll know 100% if it is herpes or not.
Good luck!
ps. your local health department might do the culture test for you for free. Just call them first and see if they offer the culture test first cuase some health departments done have the test.
Take care,
T.

Closed Thread