It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-10-2005, 06:31 AM   #1

fromengland HB User
towels

i have only just found out i have herpes iv not been to the doctor yet but all the symptons point to it, my main concern is that i have passed it onto other people who have used the same bathroom towel as me i think iv had it for 6 months but i have only just had my first outbreak since my outbreak iv not let any one use the same towel as me. so is it possible my family might have caught it from me by using my bathroom towel even tho id not had an outbreak

Old 03-10-2005, 09:51 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User
Re: towels

OK - first, get tested. Plenty of things can be mistaken for herpes.

It's quite difficult to pass on herpes via objects although herpes has been cultured from a wet, warm towel I believe around fifteen minutes after it was used. This suggests that herpes could be passed on via sharing towels, so it's suggested that those with genital herpes do not share towels (and those with oral herpes should not share face towels as well, I would have thought).

The chances that you have passed on herpes via sharing towels is low (especially if they have been washed in between different people using them - which I would hope! - the chances in such case would be close to nil as soap and water, not to mention the time necessarily to elapse to wash the towels, would mean the virus was dead), so please try not to worry yourself unnecessarily, but it is probably best from now on to make sure that you have your own towels and that no-one else uses them. If it is awkward to discuss your herpes status with others, then simply do not leave towels in the bathroom where others might use them but keep them with your own things.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread