It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2005, 03:29 PM   #1
(male)

zap123 HB User
Question Girlfriend had an abnormal pap smear (Need help)

They said that she had an abnormal low-grade pap smear. They had her come in and freeze off the bad parts. They gave her a piece of paper saying HPV. We was always having protected sex. She did have unprotected sex with her ex-boyfriend 2 years ago. Plus my girlfriend is really high strung so I heard that it can also cause abnormal pap smear.
Well I went to the doctor and had them check and the doctor says he didnít have a swab to do the test but it didnít look like herpes. I do have couple of pimples on my scrutom but they look like zits. I popped all of them so I donít know if it is a std or not. When I first seen the two zits they did each but that went away. The zits look like they are going away. What should I do? I have had a blood test for all the normal std I was ok. I am scared what to do. Is this herpes?Thanks for the help..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2005, 05:38 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User
Re: Girlfriend had an abnormal pap smear (Need help)

Okay for one, pap smears arent checking for std's they are checking for abnormalities in the uturus.

And HPV is human papilloma virus (Sp) herpes is different from that. You may want to ask her why they would think std from abnormal swab?!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2005, 06:00 PM   #3
(male)

zap123 HB User

Well I meant the swab part for me to check if the zits are herps or not.

Old 03-11-2005, 06:05 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

Herpes is not included in the standard screening for STDs. Have you been blood tested for herpes? Swabbing of sores needs to be done pretty much as soon as they appear (within a couple of days), otherwise there is a high chance of a false negative.

Condoms are not as effective at preventing the transmission of herpes (or HPV) as they are at preventing the transmission of STDs passed on by the transmission of bodily fluids. Herpes (and HPV) are passed on by skin to skin contact and of course a condom does not create a barrier between every part of two people's genitals that would come into contact with each other during penetrative sex.

Last edited by beaker24; 03-11-2005 at 06:06 PM.

Old 03-12-2005, 11:35 AM   #5
(female)

trongirl HB User

im sure this has been addressed but an abnormal pap doesnt indicate HSV. i had an abnormal pap and have had to go through two horrible procedures where they take tissue from my cervix ... not fun. they still havent told me if i have herpes yet but i am operating under the assumption that i do. life goes on!

Closed Thread