It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2005, 03:08 PM   #1
(male)

Greentreesquid HB User
So it is possible to have no visible symptoms?

and still have the herpes virus? just wondering.

Last edited by Greentreesquid; 06-01-2008 at 05:48 PM.

Old 03-11-2005, 04:41 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User
Re: So it is possible to have no visible symptoms?

yes it is posibile to have herpes without the symptoms. But I dont think the pain your having in your veins would be related to herpes? Maybe something else, what idk. I've only had one OB and nothing since and im still curious if it was something else at times.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2005, 05:07 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

Yes, it is possible to have no visible symptoms. Have you been blood tested for herpes to try to get some certainty as to whether you have it or not?

Old 03-11-2005, 05:17 PM   #4
(male)

Greentreesquid HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaker24
Yes, it is possible to have no visible symptoms. Have you been blood tested for herpes to try to get some certainty as to whether you have it or not?
alright just wondering. i guess i will have to pay the doctor a visit.

Last edited by Greentreesquid; 06-01-2008 at 05:49 PM.

Old 03-11-2005, 05:30 PM   #5
(male)

ivanthedog HB User
Talking Re: So it is possible to have no visible symptoms?

HSV(2) usually manifests on the genitals but it is possible that you can have HSV(2) orally.. At least that is what i have read on this board and in some other books. So I submit to the board that even if you have a positive blood test for HSV(2) you can not be sure of having genital herpes unless you have symptoms and a physical diagnosis of the gential area.

Old 03-11-2005, 05:30 PM   #6
(male)

Greentreesquid HB User

alright just wondering thanks for the information.

Last edited by Greentreesquid; 06-01-2008 at 05:49 PM.

Old 03-11-2005, 05:42 PM   #7
(male)

ivanthedog HB User

so sensation is one of the symptoms....soars do not have to be there... so if you have a postive blood test you are going to be more sensitve to any feeling down there as you are waiting(with FEAR) as I am to see my first blister... which I hope I never get...but that goes back to my orignal post... that you can not have gential herpes with a physical diganosis of the gential area and a confirmation .

Old 03-11-2005, 05:45 PM   #8
(male)

Greentreesquid HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanthedog
so sensation is one of the symptoms....soars do not have to be there... so if you have a postive blood test you are going to be more sensitve to any feeling down there as you are waiting(with FEAR) as I am to see my first blister... which I hope I never get...but that goes back to my orignal post... that you can not have gential herpes with a physical diganosis of the gential area and a confirmation .
this isnt anything recent with me. this was over a year ago.. i havent had any sexual contact other then a mild kiss with a girl. for fear of this stuff. and never once have i ever had anything visible. i went to the dermatologist. and i was told that i would have some sort of visible symptom even if it was slight.

Old 03-11-2005, 05:47 PM   #9
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greentreesquid
but ive had some several pain down there. and to still have nothing. not even a little bit of dry looking skin? or a little cut looking thing?
Most people will get some kind of symptom of their herpes, even if it as small as you describe. A small minority of people are thought to be genuinely asymptomatic, however.

Old 03-11-2005, 05:49 PM   #10
(male)

ivanthedog HB User

As i have read in "The truth about herpes" that you can have herpes without EVER having phyiscal symptoms that you notice... Have you had a blood test?

Old 03-11-2005, 06:33 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

What kind of pain are you talking about here? You said something first about pain your veins? Are you now saying pain while urination? like Burning pain? or just an achy pain? Because The only achy pain ive had was during my primary it felt like my ovaries were popping out of my mid section and when i would lay flat I could feel them sticking up which is one of the effects.

So how do you know it's pain the viens? I cant see my veins in my vaginal area or my pelvic area where are you refering to?

Old 03-12-2005, 04:38 PM   #12
(male)

Youthone HB User

Im in the same boat as you as well, ive had pain during urination and burning sensation as well - but never any visible sores, and ive checked every possible area. I did have dry skin, but im hesitent to think that it was anything other then that as when i wiped it with a wet towel it went away.

Ive seen 5 diff. doctors and been given numerous test's, and come back negative for everything (I do have hsv1 - i used to get cold sores as a kid), so im confused as to what to think about this.

Old 03-12-2005, 08:56 PM   #13

jazzyE HB User

When I first found out I was positive, I never had any sores or pimples or cuts or rashes...nothing! What I did have were constant headaches, shooting pains in my legs and back, exhaustion, and just an everyday overall feeling like crap. I was feeling like that for several months before I had any actual outbreak on my skin. So yes, it is possible to not have any symptoms that you would consider Herpes. But Herpes is so different for everybody. One persons outbreak isn't the same for the next.

Closed Thread