It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-13-2005, 07:50 AM   #1
(female)

preocupado HB User
IN THE MIDDLE OF FIRST - symptoms, type, vitamins - WHAT???

Okay, realized and had it confirmed a week ago that I have herpes down there.
Started a week and a half ago (as far as I noticed) with one blister and then spread to many on the outer parts, labia, anus. Very quickly I also got muscle aches all over my body, swollen lymphs, pressure in my stomach, weird feelings in my skin on my legs, bottom of my foot, fatigue etc.. My doctor put me on Acyclovir orally when the ob was already fully blown out. 4-5 days of pain down there and burning with water contact on the blisters.
Now, a week and a half later from when I realized something was wrong, I still feel weird down there, some hurt and burn, but mostly its the secondary symptoms I have, muscle aches, fatigue etc.

And now I have tons of questions, hope you will answer them!!!

1. Is this my initial outbreak? Can you have for years smaller ones, that seem like a yeast infection on a woman, and then a huge outbreak with all the classical symptoms?
2. when and how can you test for sure if it is HSV-1 or 2?
3. Are there in fact differences in the obs between 1 and 2?
4. Is it normal that I feel and increased need to pee? It doesnt hurt at all when I pee, just feels like theres more pressure on the bladder (could it be from being swollen down there?)
5. vitamins, oils - what? What kind of a vitamin regime should I start to keep myself healthy? Explain the oils and stuff too! My doctor said I should just take some pills if I felt an ob coming
6. How the hell do you separate a yeast infection from an ob??? Like I said, been plauged with yeast infections before my every period for a few years now

Probably tons of more questions coming later, but would be very happy if you answered these first!

Thank you!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-13-2005, 04:16 PM   #2
(female)

sherbear24 HB User
Re: IN THE MIDDLE OF FIRST - symptoms, type, vitamins - WHAT???

Hi there,
I was diagnosed with Herpes over 10 years ago and have found several things that have helped me. First about the initial outbreak...the initial outbreak tends to be the worst(at least for me it was) People tend to get flu-like symptoms and tends to last quite along time. Outbreaks after that tend to be less severe and less frequent.(But symptoms and strains of the virus is different for everyone) Yes, an outbreak for some can feel like a yeast infection. You can also have an outbreak and a yeast infection at the same time. I tend to know when an outbreak is coming on by the tingling and pain in the buttocks and in the area the outbreak is going to be in. Doctors called that the prodome stage. I am sure if you are swollen in the area the feeling of needing to go to the bathroom is more frequent. (I don't usually have that symptom) A blood test will determine which type of HSV you have. As for vitamins I tend to take a really good daily vitamin, vitamin C, B-100 caps, and garlic tablets on a daily basis for overall good health. When an outbreak is coming on I immediately start taking Echinecea and Zinc to help boost my immune system. There is a very good list of supplements that has been posted by another member on this message board. Look at the link called very depressed for the complete list. I just listed the ones that I take and work for me. Different vitamins and supplements work for people differently so it is best if you try a few things and find what best suits you. Try not to get too stressed out. (I know it is easier said than done) Because stress can be the number one factor for outbreaks. Excercise and enough sleep can help ward of outbreaks as well. Keeping your body in good health is always the best first step. Sometimes though you can do everything right and still get an outbreak. Hope I answered some of your questions and was some help. Good luck!!

Old 03-14-2005, 04:25 AM   #3
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

I can answer question 5. Look up the thread Very Depressed..........Please Help. Their is a list for you.

Old 03-14-2005, 05:10 AM   #4
(female)

preocupado HB User

Thanks for the answers!

Im still wondering if Im having my first ob or not. Its important for me to know, because Im trying to figure out for the future what the signs are for an ob. Thats why Im wondering if could have had for a longer time several milder obs (no visible sights in my genitals) which I thought were yeast infections.

But like I said, Ive never had anything like what Im having now, so Im still thinking this might be the first one.

Old 03-14-2005, 02:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

I have type 2 and my first ob was the worst and very drawn out. Just when i thought it was over, i got the next ob and then another. One specific thing i noticed about the ob's was itching and stinging.

I was taking lysine daily, but have recently stopped, just to see if anything happens. I also take 2 garlic gel capsules daily with my meal and i was also taking a daily multivitamin tablet, but have stopped it the other day, just to see what happens regarding my ob's, as i eat very healthy and don't want my body becoming too reliant on too many pills. I attempt to get more sleep and do more relaxing things these days. I have also looked at better ways of improving my health and immune system via eating lots of different foods form varying food groups. I'm also looking into doing a detox.

As for my ob's and the first signs, well at New Years i felt the 'itching' again and immediatley thought "oh, no, not again!!". I cut open one of the garlic capsules and using a q-tip i smeared the garlic oil over the itching area. I do this from time to time and i've since not had an actual ob. I don't know now if it's the garlic or maybe my system has gotten used to have this virus. Maybe it's a little bit of everything.

Old 03-14-2005, 03:40 PM   #6
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

Audrey I am very interested in if you have an outbreak or not. I am trying to take every antiviral and immune booster to beat it in to remission. My life is so filled with stress over the past year that I can not avoid court, baby, ex-girlfriend, ex-wife,and demanding job. I am taken a steady mixture until I feel something then I am uping the dosage. Nothing for a while till today I did not up the dosage, I got one bump uped my dosage today and it is going away. Let me know.

Old 03-14-2005, 08:44 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

Stillhope, WOW, you have ALL that going on in your life!!!!!!!!!!! You must be superman!! In my opnion, it's no wonder you are getting frequent ob's. It's not that you aren't taking the right products, it's more a fact that the products you are taking are finding it a marathon event of keeping up with your life.

For me personally, i knocked back the offer of any form of prescription meds which the clinic offered me. I persevered as best as i could in the hope that my body would just get used to this. Then the ob's were happening virtually back to back and i was tempted to start taking prescription med's. Who knows, maybe the garlic did the trick for me, yet on the other hand, maybe my body has stronger antibodies to keep the virus in check causing less ob's. I always did wonder why i got my first ob two months after i was exposed to the virus, whereas on average most people seem to experience definite symptoms within the week of exposure. That's one thing we'll never know for certain whether an actual product is working b/c it's a good product or is it working b/c of the specific makeup of the person using it.

I think it's always easier to give advice, than take ones own advice and put it onto practice. In your case or any situation where there is a heap of stress, there is always one stress factor and maybe more which we need to let go of. I know from my own personal experience where i have had to go through years of various issues which got me down and wondered what is the point of life. If you give up, you never know what you could miss out on down the track. That's the way i view it. Things only picked up for me mentally and emotionally once i decided to shed excess baggage which there was no point worrying about or dealing with. Sometimes people think they have to personally deal and fix or find a reason for whatever is happening or the world will come to an end. Stress/anxiety/depression all creep up on you so subtely that you don't even know it's there. While you think you are coping, deep down the stress is causing all kinds of havoc within your body.

You mention court, exwife and a child. I'd say that would be a priority, forget (try to forget) the ex-g/f, especially if you don't see any possible reconciliation with her. I'm aware she's the one who gave you the herpes, so it's not something easily forgotten. There are people in your life who you will come across who you just have to let go of. Next, if it's a messy divorce you are going through, once again, what is worth fighting for? Obviously your child is, no parent wants to be seperated from their child and have that child grow up thinking it's parent didn't want it. Appart from that, a lot of messy divorces are mostly a power thing. Now i'm not telling you what to do, so please don't think that, but so many people get caught up in fighting for everything, but if it's affecting your health, all the viscious fighting battles wont be doing you any favours.

So i guess what i'm trying to say, is life isn't perfect, you win some, you lose some, you can't win them all. Let go of what your life can do without, only put in the struggle for what is purely necessary. At least you know the court case will be over eventually and then you can start a new chapter of your life, b/c that's what life is, a series of chapters and you can't stay within that one chapter for ever.

I didn't want to sound like 'mother', just my own life philosophy. Cut out some of the bad and let in more of the good. For now i'll keep plodding along with what i feel is working for me at present and i'll keep posting on how my ob's are fairing. Good luck to you in keeping yours at bay too.

Old 03-15-2005, 05:37 AM   #8
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

I did win them all it is just paying all the bills. Lawyer's, Child support, Mortgage, Car, being a good father to my 1yr old daughter, and performing to the best of my ability at my career.
I am happy almost always. I do not notice the stress, but it is their. Add in family, friends, and dating..... I have a full plate. I excercise, eat right, well I might drink a little to much. I am just about through my first year I had a bump maybe a month and a half ago. So they are not back to back. As always I want it all. I am going to find a way to put it in to remission until they come up with a cure.
I never think I am bad off, if I start to feel bad for myself I go downtown and give someone who has nothing a couple bucks. My problems are nothing compared to some people Thank God. I have never gotten anything from a Dr. nor will I. Their is to much natural out their to try. I am scared of side effects.
It is nice to know their are good people like you out their Audrey.

Old 03-15-2005, 07:21 AM   #9
(female)

sherbear24 HB User

Stillhope1,
I just wanted to say good luck with everything going on in your life right now. Remember when it comes to the bad things...This too shall pass is a way I try to look at things.

Old 03-15-2005, 10:19 AM   #10
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

Thank you Sherbear I like that one and also another one I heard " tough times never last tough people do"

Closed Thread