HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Herpes (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/herpes/)
-   -   Should I be worried? (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/herpes/262591-should-i-worried.html)

Pretty Red Shoes 03-13-2005 05:07 PM

Should I be worried?

I have a question. I had protected intercourse Saturday night. We did have oral sex unprotected and tongue kissed. I felt sick afterwards because I don't want to catch anything. I don't have a steady boyfriend but even if I did I would use a condom because I don't like unprotected sex to be perfectly honest because I hate ejaculate being inside of me (sorry I know this is TMI) Is it too early for me to look for symptoms. How long should I wait for symptoms and should I be worried since I was feeling bad afterwards? Everything else is fine. I haven't been sick since but I was wondering. BTW you all are to be commended for your advice and non judgment on this board. I think it's great. :)

Piranna65 03-13-2005 11:17 PM

Re: Should I be worried?

If you feel sick about having sex with a guy your not in a commited relationship with I would suggest not doing this anymore, it can be healthy for your emotional state. And I noticed you posted this on the herpes board? Are you afraid he may have had herpes?

If this is something he did have you'd usually experience symptoms within 3 weeks from my understanding, if im wrong im sure i will be corrected. I wouldnt worry. But to prevent feeling the way you do and what your worried about now i'd avoid things like this is the future.

Audrey-B 03-14-2005 03:29 PM

A lot of people seem to have experienced signs of herpes within days or a week of the sexual encounter. I never experienced symptoms until two months down the track.

Please be warned that condoms don't protect you from herpes either. My partner used a condom, but i still ended up with type 2 as it is a skin to skin virus.

It could be possible that you didn't feel well afterwards as maybe you were worrying that you had caught something.

These days sex seems to be a big gamble and i feel unless you get your partner to do and std + herpes test before you have any form of sex, you wont know what they have.

The other thing to take into account with std tests is if you meet a guy, he had sex with a herpes carrier the week/days before meeting you, then gets tested for herpes, there wouldn't have been time for antibodies to build up in his system and the tests could come back negative, but in reality he has it. Then there are the people who have two partners going at the same time on a casual basis. When it's casual nobody seems to ask too many questions and if you are lucky enough, a condom is used, but not very effective against herpes.

Stillhope1 03-15-2005 02:56 PM

I think you are going to be fine. I understand the urge as well as anybody after a while of not having a steady. It actually seems like I want it more now. I am guessing you had a few drinks before all of this happened, so watch how much you drink. Make sure your will is stronger then the urge. It also sounds like you did some of this because you thought he wanted it.
First of all never forget you have the power in that kind of situation. If you do not want to do that then don't. If he pushes get up and say never mind I am not in the mood anymore. He will change his tune, in his mind it is better to get protected sex than nothing. If he passes to than no loss for you and I would be weary of him anyway. You sound like a very moral girl, go to church find a good guy not some hornball. From one post I can tell you are better than that. Whatever you choose good luck. I will pray for you but I am sure you are fine.

backpacker 03-15-2005 05:44 PM

Hey, prshoes, the problem with herpes is that sometimes it doesn't show up for years. The books say 2 days-2 weeks, but those of us who have it know that that isn't true for many people. Some people have it and never get ob's. If you are really concerned, wait a few months and then go have a blood test. But if you have no reason to suspect he has a disease, you may just want to relax about it. Hope that helps a little.