It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2005, 03:06 AM   #1
(male)

HERPEST HB User
Herpes blisters in inner thigh and pelvis

Can anybody help me .
I had protected sex and unprotected oral sex while working away in China.
After3-4 days i had flu symptoms and pain in testes and groin.
Since then i have almost constantly had blisters .
These appear as red spots like insect bites with a yellow centre.
They heal in between 1 week and a month and fade.
They are predominantly on my inner thighs and in the hairs above my genitals .Nothing on my penis.
Does this sound like herpes?

Old 03-17-2005, 09:36 AM   #2
(female)

CALI_GURL413 HB User
Re: Herpes blisters in inner thigh and pelvis

I have something similar. I felt real sick one day. Muscle aches and felt like I had the flu. Next thing I broke out with a pimply rash on my inner thighs. At first I though it was flea bites, but they started to really hurt and look like pimples. I have them on inner tighs, pubic hair area, and buttocks. Nothing in or on my vagina...

My doctor thought it might be herpes and ordered a blood test. Well test came back negative for genital herpes, but she said it was positive for herpes above the waist. I guess up to 80% percent of adults have this type of herpes. Its surprising cause I have never had a lesion or cold sore..

Anyhow, she said rash is not herpes. She is now saying its Folliculitis. Which is when one or more hair follicules get infected from shaving, etc..It causes a staph infection in skin. I have an appt with a dermatologist to confirm..

So maybe that could be something you have. But I would see a doctor to confirm it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2005, 05:58 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

herpest, you CAN get herpes from protected sex as it's a skin to skin virus. Also, herpes doesn't just present itself around the penis on a man and vagina for a female. Most articles you read will say "genital", but it actually can it can appear from below the waist to the thigh area or as some people refer to it 'the boxer are', anywhere a pair of boxer shorts would cover the body. I'm female and i dont get it anywhere near my vagina, i get mine at my anal area and i didn't have anal sex either.

Your condition does sound suspicious and if i were you i'd be getting the sores swabbed by a doctor and refraining from any type of sex until you get your results. Herpes isn't a black and white case. Everyone seems to get differing symptoms, rates of ob's etc.

Old 03-19-2005, 08:02 PM   #4
(female)

GvilleGirl HB User

Cali Gurl. What your doctor said about you being positive for herpes above the waist makes no sense what so ever. A blood test can't tell where your ob will be. For instance I have hsv 1 which is usually on the mouth , but i have genital herpes from it. If I never had an outbreak and got a blood test they couldn't assume that it would be on my mouth. Hsv1 and Hsv2 can be on the mouth or genitals.

Old 03-20-2005, 09:47 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GvilleGirl
Cali Gurl. What your doctor said about you being positive for herpes above the waist makes no sense what so ever. A blood test can't tell where your ob will be. For instance I have hsv 1 which is usually on the mouth , but i have genital herpes from it. If I never had an outbreak and got a blood test they couldn't assume that it would be on my mouth. Hsv1 and Hsv2 can be on the mouth or genitals.
Yup, I absolutely agree and responded to Cali Gurl in another thread to say the same thing. It is kind of concerning when a doctor talks in this old-fashioned way! "Herpes above the waist" does not really mean anything and is not a phrase which I think should be used any more and as you say, a blood test could not indicate the location of any infection.

Old 03-20-2005, 10:16 PM   #6
(female)

dixie129 HB User

Herpies above the waste is refered to as the zoyster virus. I have this and I never get the blisters in the vaginal area it is always right along my hip line in the rear. My doctor told me that everyone who has had the chicken pox carries a form of herpies. I started having outbreaks when I got extreemley stressed. We had a house fire. The doc said the only time I would have the outbreaks was when I was stresed. Well I am almost never stresed but still have them. The type I have is also known to affect certain nerves and This is true. I have sever leg pains due to this.

Old 03-20-2005, 10:35 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

dixie, i wasn't aware of that condition. Hmmm this could get confusing for a person who 'asumes' they have the herpes virus, which has been sexually trasmitted, but haven't been tested and lead their life believing they have herpes.

Old 03-21-2005, 09:20 AM   #8
(female)

CALI_GURL413 HB User

Well I realize that now, but at the time I posted, that is what my doctor had told me...Why would I not believe her??? I never had dealt with herpes before or read about it.. You tend to think your doctor is the pro at this kind of thing. Having an "expert" of medicine tell you that their positive you dont have genital herpes, but that you have herpes above the waist. Of course Im gonna believe her and go on my way...

After reading posts here and having a couple people post responses to my posts, I am realizing she may of been incorrect...All new to me...So Im off to get a second opinion...

Closed Thread