It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2005, 06:59 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Immune Boosters

As so many people are looking at boosting their immune system, i thought i'd share some info i found. Some of these may have already been mentioned, here goes:

SPROUTED BROCCOLI SEEDS: Scientists have discovered that sprouted broccoli seeds contain 30-50 times more active and more absorbable levels of specific antioxidant immune properties than regualr non-sprouted broccoli. (regular broccoli is still really good for you). Sprouted broccoli seeds are high in sulforophane, a powerful antioxidant. They boost long lasting immune support. Eat these sprouts twice weekly.

ASTRAGALUS: 500mg twice daily provides an immunity tonic which maintains our defences. This super herbal food raises the body's resistance to external pathogens and strengthens your body's effectiveness in fighting viruses and infections.

GINSENG ROOT: is a nutritive tonic. It neutralises the effects of free radicals (destructive molecules) during periods of stress. It sends messages through the immune system, acting as a catalyst for the release of certain hormones essential for immune defence.

REISHI & SHIITAKE MUSCHROOMS: use in soups, stews and as a side dish. These incredible mushrooms are a natural source of a protein which induces immune response. They contain a compound called lentinal which mobilises our natural defenses and protect the body by lowering heat toxins created from overly acid diets. They are also an excellent source of the antioxidant Germanium which supports your immune system.

OREGON GRAPE: Easily obtainable from a health store, it contains a compound called berberine which supports the fight against nasty bacteria.

OLIVE LEAF: This herb contains an effective natural antibiotic support against dozens of bacteria strains.

GINGER ROOT: Ginger nurtures the regulation of compounds important for immunity. It has a soothing, antiseptic support action on the body's ability to handle external wind and cold.

LICORICE ROOT: This herb and tea helps to counteract the immune supperssive effects of stress. It also moisturises and soothes immune organ membranes.

LEMON PEEL: Place the peel of a lemon and squeeze a little of the flesh juice into a cup of warm water and drink.

PAU D'ARCO TEA: contains an active compound called lapachol, which is anti fungal, anti parasitic and anti microbial. It also helps to maintain the intergrity of red blood cells and other immune supporting organs. If you ever feel that you are coming down with something or feel under the weather, this is the tea for you.

ECHINACEA: helps to maintain immunity and clear infections. It is available in tincture, tablet and tea form, best to take in rotation; one week on, one week off.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-19-2005, 07:56 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User
Re: Immune Boosters

That is a great list, Audreyb. And don't forget garlic!

Old 03-20-2005, 10:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

Yeah, i was surprised that list didn't mention garlic, oh well, we seem to give it a lot of coverage on the boards I'm still positive it worked and is working for me.

Everyone feel free to add to the list.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:58 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bumping up for new comers.

Closed Thread