It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2005, 09:06 AM   #1
(female)

preocupado HB User
How long do secondary symptoms last??? Swollen lymphs etc.

Hi,
First of all, thanks for all the support on this board!

Its been now 2.5 weeks since my first GH ob started. The leasions/blisters in the genital area seem to be gone, the 10 day Acyclovir treatment really helped.

What Im wondering now is how long the secondary symptoms can last? When my ob started on full force I got muscle aches, weird skin sensations, fatigue, swollen lymphs and perhaps a bit of fever. The blisters are gone like I said, but some of the other symptoms seem to last. I still have swollen lymphs, acually through out my whole body. A slight temperature/fever is present too with fatigue. I finished my meds four days ago.

So Id really like some comments and experiences regarding my question above. I still dont know if I have hsv-1 or 2 genitally. I am female.

To be more specific:
1. how long can secondary symptoms (muscle ache, swollen lymhps, fever, fatigue etc.) last? Even if the blisters are all gone.
2. Has anyone had swollen lymhps in their whole body, not just the groin area? Could this be from the body fighting the virus in general?

All answers, experiences and thoughts wellcome!

Thanks again!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2005, 10:36 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User
Re: How long do secondary symptoms last??? Swollen lymphs etc.

If you're run down or fighting an infection, you can have swollen lymph nodes / glands anywhere. The first OB usually lasts the longest and when I got genital h (type 1), I found its effects actually lasted a couple of months. I either had one long outbreak or three shorter outbreaks which ran very closely together (depending on the way you look at it!) and I found that I didn't feel quite "right" for a couple of months. I was quite fatigued, I had neuralgic symptoms e.g. "jumping" sensations in my legs, and generally did not feel well. I suppose some of my feeling bad could be down to the stress aspect as I was worrying a lot about having contracted herpes genitally.

By the end of 2 months though, I was feeling quite a bit better. The "other" symptoms did last longer than the OB, but they subsided. I guess it took my body a bit of time to get used to the virus.

I would carry on looking after yourself, making sure you sleep properly and eat properly etc, for the next couple of months - you may still a bit delicate until then.

Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2005, 10:55 AM   #3
(female)

preocupado HB User

Hi,
So what youre saying is that my body could be fighting the herpes virus/infection and thus I have swollen lymphs all over?

Old 03-20-2005, 11:05 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

I know when I am ill, I get swollen glands in my neck. I think it's just a general sign of fighting an infection to have swollen lymph glands as they are part of the body's immune system.

Old 03-21-2005, 12:25 PM   #5

auguste HB User

I have the same problem. First ob, hpv2. I am worn down to the bone, all achey, can barely get up in the morning, which is making me more depressed, and run down. little to no appetite.

Closed Thread