It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2005, 10:48 AM   #1
(male)

itsucks HB User
will it heal?

I've been having my first ob for a long time now... more than a couple of months, I'm not in any pain, just bumps on my penis. I've been taking Lysine and using H2O2. Will the outbreak heal on it's own, or do I need to do something different? I can't go to the doctor and get a RX as i do not have insurance. Thanks for the help.

Old 03-20-2005, 03:30 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User
Re: will it heal?

Valtrex or some other suppressive medication may help to shorten its lifespan but I know you said you didn't have insurance. However, the outbreak will heal on its own eventually. Make sure you look after yourself re food and sleeping properly etc.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-20-2005, 11:09 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

My first ob seemed to take forever to heal. It lasted for virtually a month, then seemed to be ok for a week or less, then i got an awful ob again which went on forever!! I was informed that the very first ob is on average the worst and as the years go on it supposedly gets better.

I took lysine, garlic tablets and a good multivitamin. Looking after your health is paramount. Once i got rid of my last ob, i began dabbing garlic oil from the capsules onto the ob area any time i would feel a tingle/itch and i've not had one since. It mightn't be the nicest smell in the world, but it's not like you have to do this when you are going out somewhere, mostly when you are sleeping or staying at home.

Old 03-21-2005, 06:12 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

hsvmom HB User

you can probably find something fairly affordable without insurance. Acyclovir has a generic equivilant that is fairly inexpensive, and you can call a couple of pharmacy's and find the lowest price. To get the script, you can probably go to a public health clinic or planned parenthood. I realize a lot of people aren't in any rush to make appts at those clinics, but it sure beats an outbreak like that! I would certainly look into it, just incase it turns out to be within your price range.

Otherwise, I second Beaker's suggestion that you make sure you are getting plenty of rest and eating a well rounded diet while you wait.

Closed Thread