It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2005, 11:01 AM   #1

auguste HB User
almost a month and still dead beat Valtrex?

i am just wondering. i have no energy. in the am i wake up with aching bones and no energy--this is completely uncharacteristic. the guy i am seeing says my skiin looks yellow. i had an outbreak, doesn't really feel over, though blisters are gone, still tingling. I went on valtrex during the ob, but got concerned that it was a side effect so have now stopped, to see if i can make it w/o suppressive.

thanks

Old 03-20-2005, 11:19 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Re: almost a month and still dead beat Valtrex?

I refused to take any forms of prescription med's so i don't know much about them. I know when my first couple of ob's dragged on forever i just felt like sleeping and at one stage my skin from my hip and down to my legs ached as though i was bruised. I felt like i had a bad virus, the type you catch in the winter or when you are very run down.

Are you doing anything to up your immune system? like taking any vitamins etc? I had stopped taking my vitamins and garlic capsules a while prior to getting my first ob so began taking them again, along with lysine. It took a little while to kick in, but i believe it all helps. It was also tempting to just stay in bed and laze about, but i forced myself to get out and about, you need to keep your blood circulating and get some form of exercise, also look at your diet and does it contain enough fruit and veg, also upping your water drinking.

I suppose herpes can act like any other virus, by taking hold of you when you are at your weakest due to stress, poor diet, lack of quality sleep and especially if it's a first ob. Building up your defences doesnt hurt as your body needs help while it is building up antibodies so that in the future the ob's will hopefully be minimal and not as aggressive.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread