It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2005, 10:02 AM   #1
(male)

NO REST HB User
Very Concerned

I have been tested for std's and all tests come back negative. NGU, Clamydia, Syphilis, herpes, etc,. It started the day after oral sex on my penis from another woman. The dripping feeling followed by a sting in the penis opening. After going to the clinic I was given Azithromycen. A week later the tests had come back negative. The symptoms never let up so I went to another doctor who did a urine and blood test, again negative. So I went back again as the symptoms persisted for about a month now. My urethra was becoming quite sore and the skin seemed irritated near the opening. I could see a small white spot prior to the irritation and it would go away within a couple hours. This time I was given Cipro and Dyoxicyline and 2 swabs were again taken for testing(which again came back negative). The drip feeling disappeared after 2 days(nothing was ever seen on my underwear from day 1). Within a week everything was gone. I took Cipro for 2 weeks and Dyox for 10 days. Now the inflamed urethra started to come back 5 days after finishing the Dyox. Back to the doctor who prescribed Dyox again for 14 days this time. 2 days into it symptoms are again relieved. I do feel a slight "vibration" off and on in my groin area but can't pinpoint it. I've never had blisters just a slight rash near the tip which is puffy and disappears once I take the Dyox within a day or 2. What should I do next? Could it just be nerves? Could this be herpes? Wouldn't my wife have symptoms? I can say after the oral sex I did not pee for a couple hours. Can you get HSV2 by oral sex?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2005, 01:25 PM   #2
(male)

spjp HB User
Re: Very Concerned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO REST
Can you get HSV2 by oral sex?
yes

Old 03-21-2005, 01:55 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

Yes, you can get HSV2 by oral sex. You can also get HSV1 by oral sex (this would be more likely than HSV2 although HSV2 is definitely possible).

How long is it since the encounter you are concerned about it? It can take up to 4 months for herpes antibodies to appear, if I were you I would go and be tested again.

When you say "Wouldn't my wife have symptoms?" Well, no offence, but you know if you do think you have something you should perhaps consider making sure that you are completely clear before you have sex with your wife again.

She would not necessarily have any recognisable symptoms of herpes. Herpes can be very mild and a lot of people may not even particularly notice the symptoms or think it was a yeast infection etc.

Old 03-21-2005, 02:03 PM   #4
(male)

NO REST HB User

It has been 7 weeks. I have been very open with my wife about this. Would antibiotics clear symptoms I described if caused by herpes?

Old 03-21-2005, 02:25 PM   #5

jazzyE HB User

Did your Dr test for just a simple UTI or bacterial infection? They're more common in women, but men get them too. Because if it's one of those, meds for STD's won't clear it up.

Old 03-21-2005, 02:30 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO REST
It has been 7 weeks. I have been very open with my wife about this. Would antibiotics clear symptoms I described if caused by herpes?
Ok. No, as far as I know, antibiotics would not have any effect whatsoever on herpes (antibiotics combat bacteria, and herpes is a virus).

Old 03-22-2005, 05:56 AM   #7
(male)

NO REST HB User

Another question I had was would these symptoms go on for a 2 month period? Does that sound right? Or do you think I haven't been on the right medication since I still don't have a diagnosis?

Old 03-22-2005, 06:57 AM   #8

jazzyE HB User

The symptoms can last longer if you've been given the wrong meds. I think you should get checked for UTI(urinary tract infection)

Old 03-22-2005, 10:33 AM   #9
(male)

NO REST HB User

I was given a urinalysis on my second visit. They then poured it over some kind of strip. I'm driving myself crazy. If they swab my urethra, could they check for Herpes that way? I need to find out how they did the test and when.

Closed Thread