It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2005, 12:31 PM   #1
(female)

CALI_GURL413 HB User
I just want a diagnosis....

They say stress brings on outbreaks, but thats all I have been doing for the last month..

I break out in a pimply rash and Im told by my doctor thats its suspicious. I pay for that doctor visit and pay for a 7 day prescription of Valtrex.

After doing a blood test, she tells me I do not have genital herpes, but I tested positive for HSV1, which she states is Herpes above the waist and pretty much all adults have this. She says my rash looks like Follicilitis and prescribes me prescription for that. So I pay for that doctor visit and my prescription of Keflex.

After posting here and another site, people have been telling my my doctor is incorrect, which I believe too. HSV1 can be below the waist..So I called Planned Parenthood because they are the "pro's" when it comes to std's, right? Well, the lady on the phone doesnt understand why Im trying to make an appt with them, when my doctor told me no. So I explain, that I want a second opinion, ya da ya da..Well she tells me, it will cost me $ 80-90 dollars to have them look at my rash and send tests out to a lab...Plus they are not scheduling appts until sometime in April...

So I call the local county health clinic and they wont see me because I have health insurance through my work and they wont accept it...

Geesh, all I wanna know is if I have genital herpes or not...

In the meantime, the dang rash is still here, still hurts, and is still bothorsome.. All I do is stress and cry...

Anyone else gone through this? It's so disheartening that this virus is around, but doctors are so clueless to it or simply brush it off as nothing to worry about..

What are some over the counter things I can try to try and suppress it?

Thanks...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2005, 02:44 PM   #2
(female)

sherbear24 HB User
Re: I just want a diagnosis....

Hi Cali Girl,
Some over the counter supplements you can try are...

echinacea
L-lysine
good multivitamin
zinc
garlic
myrrh
red clover
cat's claw
vitamin c

I got the names of these out of a natural remedies book I have. I have tried several of them myself and I know for me echinacea, vitamin c, garlic, zinc, and a good multivitamin works wonders for me. Good luck!!

Old 03-21-2005, 03:30 PM   #3

jazzyE HB User

Have you tried looking into going to a different health clinic, not Planned Parenthood. If you're in CA like your name suggests, there are a lot of health clinics available, even specifically for STD testing and treatments. You might want to look into going to one of those for a second opinion.

Old 03-22-2005, 03:52 PM   #4
(female)

teendaughter HB User

when my teen daughter tested pos for gh, i knew she had gotten it from her current boyfriend because she has not been intimate with anyone else. he claimed that there was no way it was from him and brought me a recent lab result test dated about 1 mth prior to their dating. (claims his mother found out that he had sex with his previous girlfriend and made him get checked out). it read "pos for hsv1, neg for hsv2".
and then at the bottom of the page, hand written was "no stds, patient notified" so, they miss informed him and it makes me very angry... i am sure that if i brought my daughter to have a blood test today, it would also read "pos for hsv1, neg for hsv2" and hers is a std. the health care dept as well as us, need to start educating people accurately. I believe that if his doc would have educated him that his pos test for hsv1 was neg for stds for him but could be given to someone else genitally (therefore indeed a std), then things might have been different.

your test way pos for hsv1.. it could be genital. i would go back to your first doc and have a swab done of the sores. that is one way to tuly know. good luck.

Closed Thread