It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2005, 03:50 PM   #1

rip HB User
has anyone tried DMSO and BLO

Just wondering if anyone has tried these products they gaurantee that they work?

I average an OB a month for the past year and getting a little tired of it !!

Any input would be greatly appreciated

Thankyou
Rip

Old 03-22-2005, 08:13 PM   #2
(female)

nativegirl HB User
Re: has anyone tried DMSO and BLO

I just ordered DMSO and I haven't noticed it helping me much at all but I have just tried it once so far. I am on the fourth one this month and I feel your pain. I am so depressed right now. I can handle one breakout every couple of months but to have 3-4 in one month is too much. I don't know what to do and all my friends say..."it isn't that big of a deal" it will go away....well guess what it does but so far it has came right back. I have missed work and I know I should go in but I feel so ugly and do dirty!! I have even thought about suicide.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2005, 08:39 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hsvmom HB User

Quote:
I have even thought about suicide.
I would hate to overstep the bounds here and offend, but I don't think this should go without saying... I know you are going to get insurance April 1st, but you should really seek some counseling right away. Not only is it unhealthy to let those thoughts go unadressed for even a little bit, it is also dangerous.

Okay...mothering mode off now...

Old 03-22-2005, 08:47 PM   #4
(male)

new_to_this HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by nativegirl
I just ordered DMSO and I haven't noticed it helping me much at all but I have just tried it once so far. I am on the fourth one this month and I feel your pain. I am so depressed right now. I can handle one breakout every couple of months but to have 3-4 in one month is too much. I don't know what to do and all my friends say..."it isn't that big of a deal" it will go away....well guess what it does but so far it has came right back. I have missed work and I know I should go in but I feel so ugly and do dirty!! I have even thought about suicide.
DMSO has never been proven to work. Neither have all the other "cures" they peddle on the internet. You're basically just wasting your money. The only thing that has been scientifically proven to work are the antiviral medications....either Acyclovir, Valtrex, or Famvir. If you take them on a daily basis, they have been shown to reduce the number of outbreaks by 80%.

Acyclovir is the cheapest, and is the same as Valtrex...you should try that first if you haven't already. You need to talk to a doctor (or go to a health clinic which may be cheaper) and see about getting a prescription for suppressive therapy.

Old 03-23-2005, 09:07 AM   #5
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

Native it can be helped you just have to find the right thing or combination of things. Get ready to print this out.
Some of the things you put on topically and some you eat post if you have questions. Most help prevent and shorten OB's.

1) Lemon juice salt pack
2) Olive leaf extract 20% Oleuropein
3)Grapefruit seed extract or grape seed extract
4)DMSO
5)Garlic
6)Echinaciea
7)Oil of oregano
8)L-lysine
9)Indole3-Carbinol
10)Standard extract of black elderberry
11)Red sea algae
12)Vitamin C
13)Zinc
14)Silver collodial
15)Stabilized Oxygen
16)Hydrogen peroxide
17)Oxygen therapy
18)Parasite Zapper
19)Astragalus root
20)Lemon balm
21)Omega-3 fatty acid

If you need anything at all let me know, I will help how I can with questions or advice....or being a friend.
Hit this thread or start one with my name as the title and I will check it.

Old 03-23-2005, 09:10 AM   #6
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

Hey Newtothis are you a Dr. most of us here have tried all of the meds they do not work half as good as the stuff above. You need to do some research before you answer anyone. You do not help and give BAD advice!

Old 03-23-2005, 10:25 AM   #7
(male)

new_to_this HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillhope1
Hey Newtothis are you a Dr. most of us here have tried all of the meds they do not work half as good as the stuff above. You need to do some research before you answer anyone. You do not help and give BAD advice!
All the crap you posted is a joke. For instance I read an article which says that Echinea does NOT "boost" the immune system at all.

>>>Most of the major studies on the effectiveness of echinacea for treatment of the common cold contain major flaws, suggesting that research has not yet established that this herbal medicine is effective, according to a new reports. Of nine studies evaluated, only two were well designed, and both showed that echinacea was not effective, study author Dr. Gwaltney, Jr., told Reuters Health.<<<

Basically, with herpes you have two things you can do:

1) Take anti-virals, AND
2) Try to live as healthy as possible (sleep well, eat healthy, exercise, dont overstress yourself)

All the junk that people take likely doesn't work...what tends to happen is everyone is that over time, your body gets used to fighting the virus so it tends to die down, so they think the stuff is working for them. If you really want to try the junk first, then sobeit. But the VERY FIRST thing which should be tried are the anti-virals, not these off-the-shelf Wal-mart or GNC remedies.

Last edited by new_to_this; 03-23-2005 at 10:26 AM.

Old 03-23-2005, 08:00 PM   #8
(female)

nativegirl HB User

I appreciate your concern and I am doing better and I plan on seeing a counselor as soon as I can. I am usually very happy and upbeat person but I think I went into a real bad depression this time because of the new guy that I am seeing and I have been worried about what he really thinks and if he will leave me. He is out of the country right now so I will find out this weekend. I started listening to this meditation cd and I am feeling so much better. I listened to it 3 time yesterday and I am amazed at how I feel and I didn't stress today at all. I went to work and had a smile on my face the whole day!!! Thanks again for caring. I AM SO GLAD I FOUND THIS SITE!!

Old 03-23-2005, 08:03 PM   #9
(female)

nativegirl HB User

Thank you so much!!! I don't have my printer hooked up but I will write this all down. I have tried some but I guess the trick is finding what and with what combination will work for me. I feel much better today and this meditation cd has worked wonders for me in the last couple of days.
Take care and thanks for the help!!

Darlene

Old 03-24-2005, 05:59 AM   #10
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

Darlene, Very good. I am happy to hear you are doing so much better. I am sure everything will be fine.

Old 03-24-2005, 06:12 AM   #11
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

New to this, why are you even on this thread? You are trying to help no one. Me, Audrey -b, Backpacker etc. we have lived with this for a long time have you? I have tried every med out their so do not tell me they work better than that list. You can find a report that says anything. Do not always beleive what you read or hear. As in life you have to try things on your own, not take people's word for it. Most of the things listed ARE anti-virals and immune booster's. Read on them like I have and you will see. I have spent months trying things and I will keep on researching everything. I talk to three University's on HSV2 and what I have tried and am trying. I am a degreed engineer, I only trust things I know for fact like that list.

If you have HSV please give the list a chance. Read the different threads by some of the people I mentioned.
If you still do not beleive me I can prove it. Astragalus root- activates Interferon in our bodies. Interferon has now been synthesized and is used to treat Hepatitis. Look it up on the internet.

Old 03-24-2005, 08:27 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

hsvmom HB User

Darlene, very glad that you spirits are up. April 1st isn't far away, hang in there.

Personally, I prefer to go the medical route. BUT I think it is pretty naive to think that prescriptive meds are the only way to treat herpes (or anything else for that matter!). And it is ignorant (for lack of a better word) to think that these treatments aren't effective just because there aren't studies on them. And that is the case with all of these (stillhope, correct me if i'm wrong please) there simply aren't studies on them. Research is incredibly expensive and requires a lot of funding, which almost always comes from pharmaceutical companies. So of course the meds are "proven" while other approaches are not.

And thanks for the long list, by the way. I wonder if my complete lack of outbreaks could be because several things on that list are incorporated into my lifestyle anyway?! hhhmmmm....

Old 03-24-2005, 09:17 AM   #13
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

HSV you are 100% correct they also can not patent nature. That is why most of the knowledge on herbal supplements comes from university's. It does not kill people so that is not of the utmost importance on the list of things to cure. I beleive their is a cure for everything, someone just has to find it. I am thinking of taking some classes at night to go into the scientific field. If you can dream it you can do it. Where their is a will their is a way. I beleive both of these statements to be true along with I can do all things through Jesus Christ. I think I am allowed to say that.
HSV you remind me a lot of me like a big sponge trying to absorb all the knowledge you can on the subject, that is great. Knowledge is the key, the more you know the less you fear.

Old 03-24-2005, 10:25 AM   #14
(male)

Riquelmy26 HB User

Don't dispare folks with the OBs. Eventually your body will learn to deal with them.
SOme of the things that have really worked for me and have used are:
Choraphor to kill an actual OB. DMSO to prevent one from happening. Garlic and Oregano pills and of course, daily vitamins. I used to get to wicked OB twice a month. Now, ever since I started taking Oregano pills and using DMSO all my OBs stop. That was about 8 months ago. Do not, though, eat chocolate in excess because it will cause you an OB. Another thing, if you have sex, use a good lubricant. It does help to prevent OBs.
Don't give up, Herpes is not going to kills you. It can be almost as annoying as the flu, but not life threatening. Life is too good to waste it thinking about the damned virus.

One thing, learn to make your peace with the virus, after all, you both have to live in the same body.

Old 03-24-2005, 11:40 AM   #15
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

Riq- is it the chocolate or the caffeine in it?

Closed Thread