It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-22-2005, 05:45 PM   #1
(female)

cjchicka31 HB User
My brother is in trouble..

Hi, okay, so my 24 year old brother just told me tonight that he thinks he may have contracted herpes (i don't know why he tells me these things.. but whatever, I just want to help him), from sexual intercourse with someone he didn't even know. She said she was on the pill so he didn't use a condom. I have already given him heck about all that, I just need to know if anyone else has had or heard of this before. He said he checked it out (Herpes) on the internet and most outbreaks happen 2-10 days after sex. But he hasn't been with anyone else but her since the end of february. I think he counted 26 days since sleeping with her. He said that yesterday everything was completely fine, he didn't feel a thing but tonight when he was in the shower he lifted his foreskin to clean himself and he said he felt some stinging. Once again-I don't know why I have to know all these details, I'm just trying to be a supportive sister. He said he examined himself and he saw these little red bumps under his foreskin. He knows already that he has to go to the doctor, but he's really worried that he actually contracted a STD. I told him that it might be something not as serious like a reaction to something, or maybe he hadn't completely rinsed himself from the soap in the shower from other days, but he's paranoid-and with good reason with all the diseases floating around between everyone. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this could be? Does it sound like and STD?

Last edited by cjchicka31; 03-22-2005 at 05:46 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-22-2005, 07:49 PM   #2
(female)

nativegirl HB User
Smile Re: My brother is in trouble..

Hello,
I have had herpes type 1 on my face for 5-6 years now and it is very hard to deal with. I would have him get to a doctor while he still has a breakout. They say you could have herpes for years and never have a breakout and then one day...wack!!
I know that stress, colds, too much sun, drinking too much and not getting enough rest especially if your body is already run down, will bring on a outbreak.
I have had 3 seperate breakouts on my face in the last couple of weeks and I am having a really hard time this month. All I can say is to be there for him and be supportive. This causes depression so I would also suggest seeing a counselor. I am getting insurance April 1st and that is what I plan on doing because I get so down on myself.
Hope this helps!!

Closed Thread