It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2005, 07:14 AM   #1
(female)

I'm-so-confused HB User
neurological problems

Wondering if anybody else has something similar to my weird neurological stuff happen to them.

In what appears to be 2 different "outbreaks" (I've not been diagnosed yet, awaiting blood work), I have had meningitis-like headaches and nausea along with vaginal pain, red pimples on my torso, etc. The second outbreak, and then last night (the 3rd?), I just get a bad headache at the base of my head where it meets my neck, and I can't fall asleep because the minute I do, some body part twitches! Throughout the night as I'm trying to fall asleep, the minute I start to cross over into sleep one body part will twitch, and it can be diff. body parts - one time my foot, next time my jaw, next time my hand, etc...

Additionally, my vaginal pain and foot pain will gradually start to come back (which has been my problem, or "outbreaks", since exposure)...it's so weird! I tried to do some leg exercises last night I hadn't done in a long time, and I couldn't get through them! In the past, they would have been easy. My legs were weak...I thought that odd, and then soon after the headache started and the twitching started. Looking back, I believe my last "outbreak" was triggered by an exhausting work out at the gym. I don't believe it's related to pulling anything or stressing anything, because the gynocological (possibly herpes related) symptoms appear with it every time...

Since exposure, really weird things have been happening to my body that have never happened before. Foot pain, these horrible headaches, twitching, etc...anybody else experience these type of things?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2005, 09:49 AM   #2

unlucky_guy HB User
Re: neurological problems

Don't freak out, cause you aren't the only one to be experiencing neurological problems since getting herpes. There is another thread about this. But ever since I got infected with herpes, I get the same random muscle twitches all over my body (legs mostly, feet, arms, face, eyes...you name it). Sometimes you can actually see the muscle twitch, other times you can just feel it. I actually went to a neurologist at one point and had MRIs, CT Scans, nerve conduction, and other tests because they thought I might have gotten Multiple Sclerosis or ALS or some neurological disease. Apparently, everything came back normal at the time, so they told me that herpes is a nerve disease, and in some cases, can cause damage to the nerves or cause them to malfunction. Anyway...these weird things are probably being caused by the virus, cause the same thing has happened to me (and others).

Basically overnight, ever since I got herpes...i went from being 100% healthy without a single problem, to having all kinds of neurological problems (twitching, leg pain, muscle fatigue, constant itchiness/sensitivity down my legs, etc). I wish herpes was just an occassional outbreak of bumps or blisters...but these neurological problems it has caused me have been really tough to deal with. I don't know if they are permanent or what, but I have been having twitching for practically 24 hours/day...for the past 2 years since infection. Some days its worth than others, but they are always there. I hope it goes away some day cause its really really bothersome and depressing for me.

Good luck.

Last edited by unlucky_guy; 03-25-2005 at 11:50 AM.

Old 03-25-2005, 10:01 AM   #3

unlucky_guy HB User

The thread about how herpes is causing some people to have neurological problems is entitled "Twitches and Herpes related Neuro problems"...do a search for it.

Old 03-26-2005, 04:40 PM   #4
(female)

sad_floridagirl HB User

Wow, that sounds really scary that herpes can cause neurological problems. Now that I think about it I have sore legs and pains a lot ever since my first outbreak about 5 months ago...it makes it harder for me to jog and exercise like I used to.

This is really scary, it makes me afraid to ever expose someone else to this. Boy, the news just keeps getting better and better

Last edited by sad_floridagirl; 03-26-2005 at 04:40 PM.

Old 03-28-2005, 09:46 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

I had quite severe neurological problems shortly after contracting genital herpes, but a year-and-a-half later, they have largely died down - I hope this is the same for you.

Last edited by beaker24; 03-28-2005 at 09:47 AM.

Closed Thread