It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-25-2005, 11:56 AM   #1
(male)

sagobro HB User
so scared right now

hey guys, for the past week...i've noticed these whites spots on the shaft of my penis and i think they're spreading. i'm going to get check next week at school. i'm already bracing myself for the inevitable. i'm just really upset right now for being an idiot and having unsafe sex. i've been seeing this girl for about 2 months now and the last thing i want to tell her is that i have an std. do these white spots represent an outbreak?? and just to clarify, does it only take at most 2 weeks to experience an outbreak right after being infected? if so, do you think i could've gotten it from her?? ugghhh, i always made fun of those valtrex commercials. it just bit me in the a$$. any help would be appreciated. btw, 22 y/o male

Old 03-25-2005, 12:08 PM   #2
(male)

Greentreesquid HB User
Re: so scared right now

just relax. dont assume its anything.. just go get it checked out.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-25-2005, 12:14 PM   #3
(male)

sagobro HB User

i know i shouldnt assume anything but it's my initial reaction ya know? i dunno, i've been healthy all my life however i've done some stupid things when it comes to sex. i did some research on these white spots i have. apparently they're called fordyce spots. i mean i only have(counting) about 7 but what bothers me is how fast i got them. anyone else experience this?

Old 03-25-2005, 12:27 PM   #4
(male)

sagobro HB User

just to add another thing..i trim my pubes at least once a week. i normally have hair growing on the shaft. i like to keep that area as clean as possible. could they be razor burns or ingrown hair follicles?

Old 03-28-2005, 09:45 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

If they ARE Fordyce's spots, they are not herpes or any other kind of STD. Ingrown hair follicles and razor burns probably wouldn't appear white, but then herpes outbreaks probably wouldn't be either - they would probably be yellowish or reddish. Is there any possibility these spots were there before and you didn't notice them properly?

What you are describing sounds like normal spots on the penis (Fordyce's spots). Have you considered also that it may be HPV - genital warts - rather than herpes? (HPV is even more common than herpes, with up to 80% of sexually active adults having it, although most do not actually get warts).

Old 03-29-2005, 12:22 PM   #6
(female)

Cnfsedgrl HB User

I'm so scared too! I'm a 25 yr old female and I just found out yesterday that i have HPV. I'm constantly crying, and I feel very depressed. I feel like I dont ever want to have sex or even touch myself. I hope that's normal. I have a boyfriend, and I havent told him yet, because i know he'll freak out... and I'm waiting until after the weekend to say anything to him because we're going to Whistler for the weekend. But I'm scared to even have sex with him now until he knows. I just dont know what to say to him to put off sex until he knows! Any advice!?

P.S. (if he has the disease) can i still go down on him without getting it in my mouth??????

Closed Thread