It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2005, 12:25 PM   #1
(female)

pg305 HB User
So Many Questions

I got shocked this week with news of HSV2 - small sore on the back of my thigh that didn't clear up (waited to see a Dermatologist 2 wks.) - culture came back positive. My partner is going for blood work but he's never had any symptoms, we've been together almost 2 yrs. & I'm confident we're monogomous. So much confusing info out there about transmission, don't think I'll ever know for sure when (& whom I got this from). Can blood tests tell how long I've had this?? Could it have been dormant from year's ago?? I'm recuperating - finally my sore is healing - still very raw! What topical cream or ointment helps the best with healing process once sore dries?? Like many here I'm sure, I'm spending a small fortune on supposed remedies, (in addition to out-of-pocket $$$'s for Valtrex - next time acyclovir) Lycine, O2 Plus & DMSO cream, Herdox, Lemon Balm, Cat's Claw, to name a few. Also, I don't have any vaginal symptoms now - should I expect them? With having had unprotected sex with this first outbreak - what are chances I gave my boyfriend HSV if its only visible on my thigh - would he contract by touching sore to open skin?
These are just a few of my many concerns. I have appt. with regular Dr. and hope to get more answers and better support than I felt I got from the Dermatologist, who seemed so blase, matter of fact about it. Thanks for any advice you can give me...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2005, 03:14 AM   #2
(male)

Champ17 HB User
Re: So Many Questions

Sounds like you are panicing, calm down about 1 out of 10 have some form of herpes. Some in your past or maybe even in his pass may given you the virus. Blood work can say a little about how long you had it based on the anti-bodies count. However that is not always true but it can was always go undectected as the case here. As for the chances of him getting infected no one knows that but if u had an ob they are pretty high. I really cant tell you anything about meds but I would suggest get another opinion on that.

Old 03-28-2005, 05:38 AM   #3
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

Me as well as many others on this website use all natural products. No side effects and they seem to work better for a lot of us. As far as who and when that is a very tough thing to find out unless you have had blood work before and after each partner for HSV, even then sometimes it does not show up. If you have had it for a while and this is the first sign you have ever had I would not worry about it to much. Your antibodies have the virus pretty well under control. Have you had a lot of stress lately?

Old 03-29-2005, 12:19 PM   #4
(female)

pg305 HB User

Thanks to both of you.. I have to let go how & who I got this from & concentrate on staying healthy, which I always considered myself to be. Always felt in control but not now - each waking moment seems clouded by this. Was under physical stress - work in health club, lots of in & out of the water, was tired & had flu symptoms same time as when ob started.
Going in 2 weeks to regular physican for baseline blood work.

Old 03-30-2005, 05:47 AM   #5
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

Very good nothing really matters as far as the who and when. Just how it is handled, from what I see you will be fine.

Closed Thread