It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-29-2005, 05:14 PM   #1

SpoiledCutie258 HB User
Just found out I had herpes and am very upset

My lower part has been sore for a few days and my mom and boyfriend thoght it was a yeast infection because I got them alot when I was young so she told me to go to the docters and they would check it out and give me something to make it go away.

Well I went to the doctors and god did I get a surprise. I have herpes. I busted out in tears when the doctor told me and I asked how it was possible when I haven't had sex in over a year. She told me that it can take a year and over to realize you have it. I just felt like someone had hit me with a truck.. I cried all the way from the doctors to my house which is about a forty minute drive.

She told me to make an appointment with my other doctor (the one who delivered my son) she said that she will look at it and give me medication.

I still cant belive that I got it and that I went so long without knowing I had it and im so afraid my boyfriend is going to leave me even though he says he is not.

I have been crying on and off all day and all everyone keeps saying is it is going to be ok but it is not. I am going to have this for the rest of my life and I feel so alone and like my life is over.

Old 03-29-2005, 06:08 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User
Re: Just found out I had herpes and am very upset

How did she know it was herpes? Did she do a swab of any sores? Or a blood test? If she just looked and said "its herpes" that isnt very practical.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2005, 06:15 PM   #3

SpoiledCutie258 HB User

She just looked and I told her about what I was feeling down thier and she said it was definetly herpes.

Old 03-29-2005, 09:37 PM   #4

unlucky_guy HB User

Well, I can't really offer anything other than..."yes, herpes does in fact suck, and all of wish we had never got it." Personally, I've had it two years, and I still get depressed at times over this, especially when I am having outbreaks. However, that said, all you can really do now is get as educated as possible on the issue, because you are stuck with it for the rest of your life. So use a search engine and these message boards to read up on the virus, the treatments, and different ways to protect your partner during sex.

Sorry this happened, it definitely sucks, I don't think anyone ever truly "gets over it." You just kind of have to learn to live with it...which will take some time. Good luck

Old 03-30-2005, 12:07 AM   #5

SpoiledCutie258 HB User

Thanks unlucky guy....Since I found out the news all ive been really doing is sleeping because when im awake I just feel like bursting into tears.

I hope tommorow the doc will give me somthing for the pain because I cant stand it anymore. I wait intill im about to pee my pants to go to the bathroom because I hurt so much. I only feel relief when laying down or sitting but I cant do that much with a 8 month old.

My boyfriend has been alot of help. He came over my house and took care of the baby while I slept. It kinda made me mad when I got home and told my mom about it because hse gave me the whole dident me and your father tell you this was going to happen, It made me want to burst out in tears even more.

Closed Thread