It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2005, 08:16 AM   #1
(female)

ljturner HB Userljturner HB Userljturner HB Userljturner HB User
Question scar tissue?

I was diagnosed with genital H about 13 years ago, been on an off meds (first zovirax, now valtrex) which does cut my OB's down to almost none. The question I have is that I now have these two raised bumps on the side of my vagina (more on the outside than the actual vulva) and they don't seem to be going away. They don't feel like OB sores, and initially there was one and now there are two. They are about as big around as pencil erasers and slightly raised, they don't hurt though if I touch them they get a little irritated. I am going to the dr. tomorrow but wondering if they might be some kind of buildup of scar tissue from OB's over the years. The only other thing I can think of is HPV, which I had once when I was 19 (twenty years ago). Could that come back after all these years??

Old 03-30-2005, 08:26 PM   #2

unlucky_guy HB User
Re: scar tissue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljturner
I was diagnosed with genital H about 13 years ago, been on an off meds (first zovirax, now valtrex) which does cut my OB's down to almost none. The question I have is that I now have these two raised bumps on the side of my vagina (more on the outside than the actual vulva) and they don't seem to be going away. They don't feel like OB sores, and initially there was one and now there are two. They are about as big around as pencil erasers and slightly raised, they don't hurt though if I touch them they get a little irritated. I am going to the dr. tomorrow but wondering if they might be some kind of buildup of scar tissue from OB's over the years. The only other thing I can think of is HPV, which I had once when I was 19 (twenty years ago). Could that come back after all these years??
HPV does recur...much like herpes, once you have it, it stays for life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread