It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2005, 07:30 PM   #1
(male)

holla112 HB User
help!!?anxiety, twitches, herpes?stressed

I recently tested negative for hsv2 but it was only about five weeks since the "pimple" showed up. the doc swears to me its nothing but honestly i dont trust her. she says that the test would have been positive if in fact it is herpes because she said as soon as the "pimple" or breakout showed up then antibodies would start being made and thus would have showed it a month later. Last night i was reading about twitches and I am now too experienceing slight twitches and needle type pains. I have been stressing out completely over this. Cant eat, cant sleep, I am just wondering if its possible these twitches are coming from complete stress from a level that i have never experienced, or if i should just throw in the towel and assume i too have the disease.thanks

Old 03-31-2005, 07:36 AM   #2

SpoiledCutie258 HB User
Re: help!!?anxiety, twitches, herpes?stressed

Hmmm..I really cant tel lyou if you have it or not but as for being tested I was tested for herpes when I was pregnant and my test came back negative but two days ago I found out I did have herpes.

I know that I had it when I was pregnant because the only guy I have slept with is my sons father and we have not slept together since December 2003.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2005, 07:39 AM   #3
(male)

GhostAston HB User

holla112-I would believe a doctor over anything you find on the web. It's their job to know about these kinds of things. If your doctor said it's nothing, then it's nothing.

Old 03-31-2005, 08:35 AM   #4
(female)

preocupado HB User

Well, I disagree a bit. Unfortunately I have found that doctors, most of them, are very uneducated when it comes to herpes. I just read a med article about this topic, how most herpes cases go undetected because itīs very hard to diagnose it unless it presents itself like a text book ob. In fact, almost 20% of the people that show up in a doctors office get turned away with the answer that donīt have herpes when they infact do.

Type specific blood tests are available, but usually it is said that it takes 12-16 weeks to build the antibodies for herpes. I donīt know for sure if antibodies would show up earlier if you had an ob, the "pimple".

Iīm not saying that you have anything, it could easily be a pimple or another bump, we all have a garden variety of them down stairs. Believe me, Iīm still trying to figure out my own body, what belongs there on my genitals and what doesnīt.

Herpes is a virus which is passed on mostly because people donīt know they have it. 80% herpes + go without any symptoms or very mild ones that never get diagnosed properly.

So I would definitely test again, wait for those 12-16 weeks to pass and ask for a type specific blood test. Chances are that hsv-1 will show up, you might have had it orally all along (perhaps you already know that you have it by now). In that case thereīs really no telling if you have it genitally too unless a swab is done from an active blister. A hsv-2 + would definitely confirm you have it genitally.

Anyway, go get tested again and if anything weird shows up again, a pimple or something, go immediately to get a swab of it.

And donīt freak out, you could have very well just had a pimple like your doctor said. Iīm just saying all of this and giving you some stats because so many of us have gotten this virus from people who didnīt know they had it, or perhaps they were wrongly diagnosed. These are the main reasons why herpes spreads quickly. So we should all do the responsable thing and get tested if we have suspicions.

And if you did have herpes, it is NOT the end of the world

Just be safe and love yourself!

Old 03-31-2005, 09:02 PM   #5
(male)

Champ17 HB User

Stop wasting money on these test. Eat some peanuts and see whats happens

Closed Thread