It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2005, 11:21 AM   #1
(male)

frd_n_hlp HB User
Im In A Bad Sit..

Okay Like A Lot Of People On This Board ..im In The State Of Emergency..i Got A Unique Situation..about The End Of Jan ..i Began To Have Urges To Urinate Alot And This Went On For A While And Still Is Going On Now...i Went To The Doctor And Told I Went To The Public Clinic To See If I Had A Std And The Clinic Results Came Back Negative..the Doc And I Decided To Go Ahead And Schedule A Circumsision Because He Felt Like It Would Prevent Infections Of My Bladder In The Future ... Two Weeks Before The Operation I Get 4 Very Small Bumps And The Next Day I Go See The Doctor And By Then The Bumps Was Barely Visible But You Can Tell Something Was There ..they Did Not Hurt At All And Eventually Went Away In About A Day Or Two ..i Did Some Reading On The Internet And It Sounds Like H..but Every Where I Call Or Ask Tell Me If It Is H..that It Does Not Cause Frequent Urinatation For Months ..i Am A Healthy 20 Something Year Old And As Of Monday The Area Where The Out Break Occurred Is No Longer There Because Of The Circumsision ..but I Need To Know Where To Go To Find Out If It Is H.. Or Not ..u C So Much On The Web ..and The Cost For Blood Test R Expesive ..

Old 04-01-2005, 12:33 PM   #2
(female)

preocupado HB User
Re: Im In A Bad Sit..

Hey,
I can tell you from my experience that I need to pee all the time! I had my first herpes outbreak a month ago, and besides all the other symptoms I needed to urinate frequently. It didn´t hurt at all to go to the bathroom, I just needed to do it a lot.

Now I seem to have my second herpes ob and again I need to pee all the time! I have read on some web pages that herpes can do that to you. Usually people report though sharp pain when urinating, mainly because the urine passes over the blisters/cuts etc. they have from herpes. Not in my case.

I had other std tests done tiday and I´m hoping they will come out clean. As for finding out if you truly have herpes, you have two options: get a swab from a fresh blister, this needs to be done no more than 48h after the blister appears. Or get a blood test. Remember, it can take easily up to 12-16 weeks from your exposure before antibodies for herpes will show up. You can also test positive for hsv-1 and really just have it orally. So a type specific test won´t necessarily tell you if you have genital herpes, unless you test test positive for hsv-2 which s very rare in the mouth region.

Hope this helps!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-01-2005, 04:00 PM   #3
Veteran
(female)

hsvmom HB User

Did you have a urine culture done?

Old 04-01-2005, 06:56 PM   #4
(male)

frd_n_hlp HB User

No I have not got a pee culture test done..but i did test negative( or false negative) for the virus .and i went the day after i had the first sign of some kind of outbreak..but for two and a half months st8t i have had to urinate frequently and it is driving me up the wall..i feel like i got a dark cloud over my head because my lady friend i have been seening since august and know for over 3 years have not shown any kind of noticable syptoms yet..i cant do taht to her if its me ..

Old 04-02-2005, 09:10 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

hsvmom HB User

i would have a urine culture done. it's very likely that your frequent urination is due to a UTI. especially if you have had a (possibly false) negative herpes test. it's a pretty inexpenisve test. A urinalysis result can be back in hours, a culture takes a few days.

Closed Thread