It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2005, 01:57 PM   #1
(male)

NotSure44 HB User
A question about "Mild Symptoms"...

I keep hearing that Herpes symptoms can come out in many different ways but I'm confused about this whole mild symptom thing. Is there such a thing as a "mild outbreak?" Am I right to assume that even being mild these symptoms/outbreaks will pass meaning people don't have things like rashes/redness that go on for months and months? Does mild also mean there would be solid indications of a herpes infection like blisters or sores? I've been exposed to girl with gential HSV-1 and I've never had anything that could called a "classic outbreak." This is a real pain in the *** trying to figure out. I've been told that first outbreaks can happen years later but I still would think the primary to be painful and you'd be aware that's occuring. The only thing that's ever happened to me is redness and mild irritation. My last blood test didn't show me to be active with an infection either. To be safe my doctor tested me for other std's and gave me a script for zithromax(sp). I took 8 pills and after a wild ride felt 100% better. The redness and rawness went away then 2 days later came back just not as noticeable. The results of the other tests were also negative.

Can anyone recommend what kind of doctor would be good to see regarding this? My doctor just doesn't seem to full of many facts regarding HSV...

-Clueless

Old 04-02-2005, 02:00 PM   #2
(male)

Greentreesquid HB User
Re: A question about "Mild Symptoms"...

Genital herpes can look like anything( mild redness, slight cracks in skin.. dark patches of skin..) most people who have it dont even realize they have it the symptoms are so mild. Ive heard it takes a while for the herpes virus to produce antibodies. which i assume is that the blood tests look for. so maybe your body hasnt built up antibodies to the virus yet.

Last edited by Greentreesquid; 04-02-2005 at 02:01 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-02-2005, 02:24 PM   #3
(male)

NotSure44 HB User

But wouldn't that make for a more aggressive outbreak?

Old 04-02-2005, 03:47 PM   #4
(male)

Greentreesquid HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotSure44
for that i dont know. id wait for another few months then go get tested. i mean you could have somthing else.

Old 04-03-2005, 12:33 AM   #5
(male)

NotSure44 HB User

I'm going to. i sometimes wonder about the herpes variations. To me, if you've got the classic symptoms and are having outbreaks that look like herpes then you have herpes. But if you have a rash and some dry skin I can't really buy it being herpes. To me a mild case would indicate an immune system that has faced the virus and built up a strong defense over the years. I see mild cases occuring in people who have already battled the worse the virus throws at them and now their bodies have adjusted to it and the suffering eases up. In my case my first blood test seemed to indicate that I had never been exposed to either HSV-1 or 2 at any point in my life up till now. If I have contracted genital HSV-1 then I would conclude that I should have had an outbreak that would have brought me to my knees by now. My body has no defense against this *******; it would have had a field day with me. I remember the girl who "introduced" me to this telling me her 1st outbreak left her unable to walk for a week. This was about 2 weeks after her exposure. I'm going on 4 months now with nothing like that. I also don't believe this thing can't be stopped. If it can live it can die.

Old 04-03-2005, 06:34 AM   #6
(male)

Greentreesquid HB User

Im not a doctor cant give advice.

Last edited by Greentreesquid; 06-01-2008 at 05:40 PM.

Old 04-03-2005, 10:38 AM   #7
(male)

NotSure44 HB User

Stressed out? No way... I'm as relaxed as can be.

Yes I will get tested again.

Old 04-03-2005, 12:10 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

Quote:
Are you asking whether antibodies would cause a more aggressive outbreak

Old 04-03-2005, 08:21 PM   #9
(male)

NotSure44 HB User

No. I'm saying since my antibody count was so low as to indicate an almost 0 count if I became infected wouldn't my primary outbreak be severe? I have no defense against this virus at all. If a person has virtually no resistance to the HSV-1 or 2 virus than how can you have a mild case? It just doesn't make sense to me...

Old 04-04-2005, 04:01 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

beaker24 HB User

Quote:
No. I'm saying since my antibody count was so low as to indicate an almost 0 count if I became infected wouldn't my primary outbreak be severe? I have no defense against this virus at all. If a person has virtually no resistance to the HSV-1 or 2 virus than how can you have a mild case? It just doesn't make sense to me...
I see your point, and the stats suggest that someone not previously infected with either kind of herpes will suffer badly with the first type that they get, but plenty of people have minor, barely noticeable symptoms. It's a weird virus.

Old 04-04-2005, 05:43 PM   #11

jlm1972 HB User

Even if the virus doesn't react right away it would seem that there still would be a more severe outbreak considering the antibody count.

Last edited by jlm1972; 04-04-2005 at 08:14 PM.

Old 04-04-2005, 06:36 PM   #12
(female)

idunno78 HB User

I have always had a mild case oh "H", even with the primary OB. It didn't hurt , I just happened to noticed it was there when I went to the bathroom. I've been dealing with "H" for 11 years and the only time an OB has been a problem is due to me popping the bump myself.

Old 04-09-2005, 10:14 AM   #13
(male)

holla112 HB User

what do these "bumps" look like, can they have a white head?

Old 04-10-2005, 09:50 PM   #14
(male)

Champ17 HB User

Hey guys this is a funny virus..You can have it and still test negtive repeatedly, or even swab a actual herpes lesion and still have the swab come back negtive its really no test for it. The symptoms mimic may other stds and viruses.

Old 04-11-2005, 02:57 AM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

Yes, everybody reacts differently as we're all individuals. Herpes can bring one person to their knees, but another can get by with a minute red rash and some feel nothing at all. It's a virus and when you look at your typical winter flu season, look at how many people will get bed ridden with a bad dose of the flu, while others just catch a cold and then there are others who get by year after year with nothing. The same can be said of herpes, it affects everybody differently. You can't take what your girl friend said or what you read about someone else on here and then apply it 100% to yourself. There are so many of us on the boards here, yet you rarely get two people with exact same case scenario. That's why everybody is so confused b/c herpes isn't a black and white issue.

I had my ob swabbed and lucky i did this as my gp was clueless and told me to ignore the red rash as it didn't look like a "typical" case of herpes. My swab came back positive and i had recurring ob's for the first two and a half months, then nothing. I'm still waiting to see what will happen down the track. For now i'm just focusing on staying relaxed, getting sleep and eating foods, vitamins/minerals etc which will keep my immune system boosted. I might not avoid a future ob by doing this, but i hope to keep them small and not of a long duration.

Closed Thread