It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-03-2005, 12:09 PM   #1
(female)

BrkSta3 HB User
Outbreak Relief input for all!

How do ya'll get relief when you have an outbreak, what works the best? And also, what possible changes in diet/ exercize and etc. have prevented an outbreak....

Old 04-03-2005, 01:30 PM   #2
(female)

flutterby077 HB User
Re: Outbreak Relief input for all!

red marine algae and garlic pills. I exercise like 6 days a week.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-03-2005, 04:24 PM   #3
(male)

dazednconfusous HB User

L-lysine in its free form has been said to stop the virus from replecating just take about 3-4 grams a day during an ob and 1gram when not having an outbreak

Old 04-04-2005, 12:54 PM   #4

SpoiledCutie258 HB User

My doctor gave me gel called lidocaine, When I put it where my pain is at it completly numbs it so I dont feel a thing

Old 04-05-2005, 01:34 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User

I believe it's the garlic capsules which work for me. I already eat quite healthy and i don't exercise execisvely as i'm always on the go at work. Stress and bad quality sleep are usually my worst enemies.

Old 04-05-2005, 12:46 PM   #6
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

Even with a lot of stress and not taking care of myself on the weekends by drinking to much, the Red Marine Algae has done wonders. None to speak of since I have been using it. If I feel something comeing on I just pop two at night wake up and no more itch/tingle.

Old 04-05-2005, 01:27 PM   #7
(female)

BrkSta3 HB User

Red Marine Algea, now what is this? do you just get it at a GNC?

Old 04-07-2005, 02:14 PM   #8
(male)

Stillhope1 HB User

I have not seen it at GNC or at Vitamin world. You can find it on the internet or at a natural/health food store.

Old 04-07-2005, 07:42 PM   #9

internet! HB User

^ how much RMA do you take and how often? I took it for a while and noticed some change but not a ton. Still got a lot of nerve twinges.

Old 04-08-2005, 07:53 AM   #10
(female)

littlebo HB User

I have a Rx from my doc for Valtrex 500mg that I use only when I feel an ob coming on (tingling). I don't take it daily. He also have me the lidocaine gel a long time ago which I've not needed, since my original diagnosis. That first ob hurt like crap and the gel really numbed the area!

Now that I've lived with it for a while and can recognize my prodromal symptoms, I can knock them out early by taking my Valtrex at the first hint of tingling. I've also learned to recognize what triggers them for me (ie. my period sometimes, diarrhea/upset stomach, vigorous sex, and of course when I get really stressed over something).

Since finding this website a few months ago, I've started taking daily lysine and garlic pills (but I forget somedays). And I've also tried applying the garlic oil with a q-tip to my ob site when I feel the tingling and it does help. It seems I've been able to cut down on how much I use my Valtrex.

I don't think I'll ever totally give up the Valtrex. The doctor told me once that after 2 days on Valtrex the virus quits shedding. I hope that fact offers my boyfriend some added protection. I take the Valtrex sometimes without symptoms when we are "together". This may not offer any benefit at all, but I figure it can't hurt!

Old 04-08-2005, 12:14 PM   #11

kem2cdm HB User

I take lysine... 3000mg during an outbreak, 2000 if I am getting symptoms, 1000 if I think i'm getting symptoms... other than that I don't take anything.

Otherwise, I take a multivitamin everyday and exersize about 5x a week.

Old 04-16-2005, 05:38 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User

I have tried Olive leaf extract, but it didn't help too much. I have also tried Oil of Oregano, which was better, but didn't keep me from getting ob's. I think I get ob's when I am stressed or tired, no matter what. But garlic oil helps soothe the pain--and I can run or backpack comfortably. I take a garlic clove, skin it, cut it into one or two pieces, then put it in a very small container with a tight lid. Cover with virgin olive oil and let it sit for two hours. Now swab a small amount on the sore spot as often as you want. You don't have to refrigerate it, but throw out this batch when your ob has gone away.

I also take a multi and garlic pills each day.

Old 04-18-2005, 01:59 PM   #13
Veteran
(female)

anna-bananna HB User

I am with audry on the garlic one day I was in a rush but I felt some tingling like LITTLE PIPPLE WAS COMING on and I popped a garlic pill and applied it and I promise it was gone the next day. For those of you that are tring to find something, what do you have to loose??? Try it and if it dones not work you are in the same place that you are in now.

Anna B

Closed Thread