It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2005, 10:03 PM   #1

footballfan HB User
Sore on Opening of Penis??? Herpes???

I've had something that looks like a tiny little puffy blister with a somewhat brown center on the left side of the opening of my penis for about 6 months now....it hasn't ever healed but it hasn't gotten any worse either....

It's not really that painful, but occasionally it will rub against my boxers and it does feel a little sensitive...

I've also experienced slight itching and tingling on the inside of the end of my penis and some mild discomfort while urinating...I would describe the discomfort as it sort of feels like my urethra is tighter and there is less room for the urine to flow though...not really painful in the normal sens of the word...and the discomfort comes and goes....

I just went to the doctors to get blood drawn to find out if its an STD, but I was hoping someone could tell me if it sounds like something they are familiar with....

I had Clamidya a few years ago, but with that the burning and itching were much more intense, and there were no sores or bumps, so I don't think I have it again...just feels totally different

I guess part of me is worried that it could be herpes but my understanding is that herpes usually comes with more than one sore, and the sore wouldn't normally stay the exact same for half a year like mine has...I'm not certain on this but this is what I found when researching it online

hopefully someone can provide some insight

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2005, 08:22 PM   #2

footballfan HB User
Re: Sore on Opening of Penis??? Herpes???

your guys's silence is worrying me

Old 04-06-2005, 06:24 AM   #3
(male)

NO REST HB User

I'm going throught the same thing now. SOmetimes I get a little buzz feeling in the area also. I'm going to a Urologist tomorrow. I've had mine for 2 months kind of comes and goes(the puffiness). It's just driving me crazy. Keep posting.

Old 04-06-2005, 08:01 AM   #4

mamabear28 HB User

Lets start with I am not a GUY!!!!! But I know a lot about genital herpes. Any sore,bump anything abnormal that lingers on and on most definitly isn't herpes. More than likely it is a infected follicule or infected gland of some sort. These are both very common on the penis. You are doing the righ thing by visiting your dr. in order to rule it out but I wouldn't be too worried about herpes.

A typical herpes lession will start as a bump red in color then form into a blister filled with clear or yellow fluid, then it will break open and form a open lession, then it will scab ( usually only scap on dry not moist skin ) heal and go away untill the next ob. Now note that all people don't get the typical lessons but if they do this is the coarse it will take. You would probably have some sort of other symptom also tingling, itching, burning, soreness, pain where the ob is going to occur.

Hope this helps
mamabear

Old 04-06-2005, 09:08 AM   #5
(male)

NO REST HB User

So an ongoing urge to urinate for 2 months wouldn't be caused by herpes? I've been tested for everything more than once. I get like a slight vibration on the tip of my penis. The doctor also did a swab test for herpes in my urethra although no sores were visible. Does that make sense? It came on the day after unprotected oral sex with a girl. Could it just be nerves? Also, I was wondering if it would have transmitted to my mouth first since we were kissing alot if it was herpes. I hope I don't seem too ignorant.

Thanks

Old 04-06-2005, 09:52 AM   #6

mamabear28 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NO REST
So an ongoing urge to urinate for 2 months wouldn't be caused by herpes? I've been tested for everything more than once. I get like a slight vibration on the tip of my penis. The doctor also did a swab test for herpes in my urethra although no sores were visible. Does that make sense? It came on the day after unprotected oral sex with a girl. Could it just be nerves? Also, I was wondering if it would have transmitted to my mouth first since we were kissing alot if it was herpes. I hope I don't seem too ignorant.

Thanks
Stress can do horrible things to people exspecially those who either feel quilt about one sexual encounter or stress from the fact they are convinced they have accuired a STD. Some people on this board claim that they have a need to urniate often prior and during a OB but that has not been documented. Do you have any other symptom? tingling, itching, pain, burning, anything like that? have you been cultured for a UTI? A need to urniate often is a symptom of that. Typically with HSV 1 or 2 you wouldn't have symptoms as fast as you claim. They typically show up after a couple of days have passed. Some cases have said it has taken many months to years to show up but in more than half of those cases they aren't true primary OBs meaning they had the virus had OBs just didn't reconize the symptoms or think they could be herpes. Also remember that you are more aware now of what is going on down there then you were in the past so you may feel more sensations like urinating more or anything like that. Go to your dr. and request a Herpes Select Blood test that will tell you for sure weather you have the virus or not. Just so you know getting HSV 1 genitally is a lot more mild that getting HSV 2 genitally since HSV 1 choice of location is the mouth not the genitals. Did the female have HSV1 orally? If not then maybe you need to put this to rest and see if your symptoms improve if you become less periniod.

Old 04-06-2005, 12:01 PM   #7
(male)

NO REST HB User

Sometimes I get like a little buzz feeling near my penis although I can't pinpoint it and it goes away when I touch it. Sometimes after I urinate I get a little sting or burn but it quickly goes away. Would HSV1 go to my genitals easier than my mouth or face though? I figured I would have got it on my mouth if anything from kissing? I don't really feel like I need to urinate, it's more of a not feeling right there. Would it linger for 2 months though? I'm assuming they checked my urine for a UTI. I also, can sleep at night without feeling the need to go to the bathroom.

Thanks for your help,

Old 04-06-2005, 12:25 PM   #8

mamabear28 HB User

Quote:
Sometimes I get like a little buzz feeling near my penis although I can't pinpoint it and it goes away when I touch it. Sometimes after I urinate I get a little sting or burn but it quickly goes away. Would HSV1 go to my genitals easier than my mouth or face though? I figured I would have got it on my mouth if anything from kissing? I don't really feel like I need to urinate, it's more of a not feeling right there. Would it linger for 2 months though? I'm assuming they checked my urine for a UTI. I also, can sleep at night without feeling the need to go to the bathroom.

Thanks for your help,
Do you have oral HSV 1? Because if you do then you are immune to getting HSV 1 genitally. 60% of the population have it orally and some don't get cold soreswhich means you could allready have it and not know it. If you kissed someone with oral HSV and you yourself doesn't have oral HSV then you are more likely to get it orally then genitally. So if you kissed someone and also received oral form them at the sametime then your chances of catching it orally are higher then catching it genitally. Now if you have had a long relationship with this person then you probably have allready been exposed to oral HSV. Does that make sense?
Now on to the other symptoms:
Do you examine the area often? Because if you do then this could be causing irritation which could cause your slight burning sometimes when you urinate. Also if you had sores on the inside of your penis ( which what would be causing the burning feeling) you would be in a lot of pain to the point where you couldn't stand it. The sores would also begin to form on the end of your genitals. But like I said in my last entry you could have a infected gland or a pimple which I would imagine would cause some discomfort in the area. Did you have a sexual experience prior to this to make you think you have herpes? Did this person tell you she had herpes? Also if the incident only happened once then there is a good chance you are ok. that can't be proven but it isn't like you kept exposing yourself to the virus. Plus if all you received was oral that puts the odds in your favor even more. Go to the dr. get a blood test if you feel the need but make sure that you request a Herpers Select Blood test that will tell you weather it is HSV 1 or 2.

Last edited by mamabear28; 04-08-2005 at 08:31 AM.

Old 04-06-2005, 05:17 PM   #9
(male)

holla112 HB User

mama bear, what do you mean if only getting oral odds were in your favor...i made out with a girl for a while and then received oral...would it be more likely to get to my mouth then penis...i had a test done after 4 weeks of possible exposure and they came back negative for both...i know that you should wait till 12 weeks, but my doc said that if this pimple i got was an outbreak then most likely antibodies would start forming to fight it and would have appeared within 4 weeks...she said it was something like 85% likely....what do you think of this...i am totally stressing and i couldnt eat for like 3 days at one point, which was weeks later, so i dont even know why i stressed out....i now have slight twitches in muscles but my doc said this is common with severe stress....thanks....anyone else with info i would appreciate

Old 04-07-2005, 06:14 AM   #10

mamabear28 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by holla112
mama bear, what do you mean if only getting oral odds were in your favor...i made out with a girl for a while and then received oral...would it be more likely to get to my mouth then penis...i had a test done after 4 weeks of possible exposure and they came back negative for both...i know that you should wait till 12 weeks, but my doc said that if this pimple i got was an outbreak then most likely antibodies would start forming to fight it and would have appeared within 4 weeks...she said it was something like 85% likely....what do you think of this...i am totally stressing and i couldnt eat for like 3 days at one point, which was weeks later, so i dont even know why i stressed out....i now have slight twitches in muscles but my doc said this is common with severe stress....thanks....anyone else with info i would appreciate
HSV 1 origin of choice is the mouth. HSV 1 only accounts for 15-20% of genital infections. This is because there is less shedding and less OB with HSV 1.
Like I have told other people stress can do awful things to you physically and mentally. So I wouldn't be surprised if that is what is going on with you right now. I know that it can be scary to think you could or couldn't have a STD but the odds are in your favor ( especially if all you did was oral ) that if you have not shown symptoms by now that you are ok.
The one thing I will say is that let this be a lesson you are probably ok now but maybe next you may not be so lucky take precaution not only to protect yourself but then you will be more confident that your health has not been risked. Genital Herpes and other STD's can be prevented and us as sexually active people can stop it if we would only say no if there isn't protection available and use it when it is available. I know that it can be tough in the moment but was that moment worth all this stress? Probably not.

Old 04-07-2005, 01:35 PM   #11
(male)

NO REST HB User

So with H1 or H2 would symptoms persist for months a t a time without any blisters or sores? Symptoms such as buzzing feeling in penis and feeling of discharge only not seeing any discharge? Could it be prostatitis?

Old 04-07-2005, 04:26 PM   #12

mamabear28 HB User

Quote:
So with H1 or H2 would symptoms persist for months a t a time without any blisters or sores? Symptoms such as buzzing feeling in penis and feeling of discharge only not seeing any discharge? Could it be prostatitis?
YES!!!

Old 04-08-2005, 07:01 AM   #13
(male)

NO REST HB User

Yes, it could be herpes or yes it could be prostatitis?

Thanks

Old 04-08-2005, 07:26 AM   #14

lance77 HB User

I've had prostatitis for years and it has some of the same, low level, vague symptoms that you describe. Utimately I treated it by treating my stress, as long as I don't stress out about it, it doesn't bother me

Old 04-08-2005, 07:39 AM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Ivana HB User

Mamabear....sorry but I have to disagree with you on e on important point...Having HSV 1 does NOT make you immune to HSV 2 !! Many people have either HSV 1 or HSV 2 only and some have both....that's why there's 2 of them. Some first contrat HSV 1 from kissing another infected person and go on even yrs later to contract the genital HSV through sexual contact. Same virus but 2 types that live in two different areas.

Closed Thread