It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2005, 04:33 AM   #1
(female)

upset144 HB User
Type 1 Genital Herpes?

Hi,
I'm really confused and worried about what type of Herpes I have. About 3 months ago I recieved unprotected oral sex from a guy I did not know that well. We did not have unprotected intercourse, although he did touch me with his fingers and his penis may have touched my butt briefly. Shortly after this happened (4 days) I had my first out break. This was not terribly painful, one lesion on my cervix which oozed clear liquid. Not really any blisters. However the doctor told me he was almost certain it was herpes, yet not cultures were taken.
Now I seem to be getting outbreaks close to my period. All i'm having is itchiness and soreness, then after this subsides one or two papercut looking lesions. Am in not much pain at all and can go to the toilet easily.
However I am concerned if this is type 1 would it come back this soon, especially near my period? Also why is it that all doctors won't seem to culture lesions only blisters. Are blisters uncommon to have for type 1 down there? Had not really any symptoms on my mouth, maybe 1 or two slits that looked like chapped lips, certainly not cold sores.

Please help, I am only a 21 year old girl, who has literally only been intimate with TWO guys, this one and my previous boyfriend. I know for sure my previous boyfriend did NOT give me this as we split up 5 months ago and I had a herpes blood test after this which showed me to be negative for both kinds. We also ONLY ever had protected sex. I'm always really careful and cautious. Also another question is why did I not catch it from my previous boyfriend as he had it in his mouth as a kid, yet very rarely gets them now?. Very Confusing. Any help appreciated, especially from young women going through the same thing. Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-05-2005, 06:41 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

hsvmom HB User
Re: Type 1 Genital Herpes?

my pediatricians will not culture my sons' outbreaks if they are not blisters. they said that if it isn't blistered, then they really have to scrape at any lesion. It's painful and very likely to produce a false negative. i would be surprised to hear that type 1 would come back so frequently. for most people it doesnt, but there is always going to be a handful who don't do what "most" people do. have they at least done the blood work for you?

Old 04-05-2005, 09:20 AM   #3
(female)

upset144 HB User
Re: Type 1 Genital Herpes?

They did a blood test when it first happened, which was negative for both types. I thought it would be this way as I have never ever suffered from cold sores. At three months i'm hoping to get tested again. So frustrating.
You sound a very concerned Mom about your son. Do they have an idea which kind it might be?

Closed Thread