It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-13-2005, 04:05 PM   #1
(female)

inquiring mind HB User
Herpes or Allergy?

Hi, I'm a woman and I have not had sexual intercourse since early December. I have not tried on pants, underwear or bathing suits at stores. I do not share towels, or sit down on public toilets.

A few days ago I noticed these small blister-like eruptions that form a cluster. There is only one cluster and it is smaller than the size of a dime. The blisters are white and the cluster is sore. It is located near the labia majora.

Now I've gone to see my doctor and she tells me that it'll take about a month to get the test results back but she's not convinced that it's herpes because it has been so long since my last sexual contact. She thinks that it might be an allergic reaction that mimics herpes.

Late last week I had my bathtub reglazed. This Sunday, after I washed my tub down, I took a bath in the newly reglazed tub. On Monday I had this terrible itching sensation. Furthermore, I have just recovered from a yeast infection, as well as a cold, and I've been rather sleep deprived as I've been under quite a lot of stress at work. Could it be that my immune system is compromised and that this is an allergic reaction? Could it be that my last sexual contact had herpes (he had no blisters or pimple-like things at all) and that it's taken four months to manifest? As you can probably tell, Iím scared.

If you could shed light on this topic Iíd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-13-2005, 06:00 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ornament HB User
Re: Herpes or Allergy?

Hmmm, make a doctor's appt., G.P. or Ob-Gyn, ASAP....Good luck, -ShinyOrn

Old 04-15-2005, 02:11 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Audrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB UserAudrey-B HB User
Re: Herpes or Allergy?

It could be as your doc says or it could be your yeast infection, or it could be your bath tub. Until the tests come back, we're all only guessing. I've never heard of anything mimicing herpes so i'd really be interested to know more about this. I don't know why it's going to take your doctor one month to get the culture back. They can have it done in a week or so.

I had my first ob a good 2 months after my sexual encounter. A lot of people will get a first ob very soon after, but some get them months later or even years later.

Good luck with the results and keep us posted. It's always good to hear of a successful negative result

Closed Thread