It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-01-2005, 08:55 AM   #1

curiousman HB User
Question about Herpes Contraction! Need Someone with real Knowledge.

Hi. You might have read my post " Scared.. Possibly exposed, confused. Need answers SCARED."

Well I forgot to mention on the post that that weekend me and my friend that actually had sex with that girl went to the ocean.
This is really weird so just follow me.
We went swimming in the ocean and both of us cut our feet on some coral in the ocean. He cut his right after I cut mine. I know this is an odd question but, If we were close to each other in the ocean could the blood from his foot get washed into my foot? Or what if we I stepped in the same sand that he did while his foot was bleeding and it got in my open wound?

Couldnt I get genital herpes from that if he had caught it from the girl?
If not what if she gave him some other STD along with the herpes?

What should I be worried about and should I be checked?

Last edited by curiousman; 06-01-2005 at 08:56 AM.

Old 06-01-2005, 09:23 AM   #2
(female)

youandme HB User
Re: Question about Herpes Contraction! Need Someone with real Knowledge.

Okay, I know you´re worried, calm down!

Seriously: herpes is not a virus that transfers through blood. It´s a virus that lives on skin and is transmitted through skin to skin contact. Even in this case it needs a feasible surface. Genital to genital, oral to genital, these are the main ways of transmission. In some cases it is possible to transmit it in other ways too, since herpes can occure in the "boxer short" area. So, if someone had a herpes ob on their butt or thigh and then rubbed that area heavily on the other persons´s "boxer short" area it is possible there would be a transmission.

But from what you describe there is NO risk. This goes for any std. The only possibility, but even this is a stretch, that your friend was hiv+, had a fresh cut and his blood would directly come in contact with a cut you have.

Most viruses are weak, they die quickly when they are outside of their prefaired area.

You need to relax and enjoy life ! I don´t know if this girl told your friend she has herpes, I guess so since you know about it. Anyway, if your friend is cool about it then you should not worry about it in any way. Perhaps your friend is one those good guys who understand that herpes is not the end of the world. Telling a partner, using condoms and perhaps antivirals to lessen shedding is what you need to do, and a lot of people are totally accepting of a herpes positive person

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-02-2005, 09:59 AM   #3

curiousman HB User

Thx I was just worried because I have health problems as it is so my immume system is already compromised. BELIEVE ME , I would never think less of anyone becasue of any health issue

But thanks for the help.

What about me getting it because I drank after her and had a cut in my mouth?
Im worried about getting both kinds
Which kinds can be spread that way?

Old 06-02-2005, 11:01 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

hsvmom HB User

both kinds can only be spread by contact, not blood, semen, saliva, or any other bodily fluids. an non infected person has to have contact with an infected area on another person for transmission. It doesn't matter at all if you have a cut or open sore...that doesn't increase your chances at all. if she had oral herpes and you drank after her, it's possible it could be transmitted but not likely at all. the virus only lives outside the body for moments under most circumstances. Having a weakened immune system isn't likely to increase that risk with that exposure either.

also, it's pretty common to already have exposure without ever having symptoms. So you may already have one type or the other, especially hsv-1. Unless you physically come in contact with an infected part of another's body, I wouldn't worry too much about this.

Closed Thread