It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2005, 06:48 PM   #1
(female)

ROLLERGIRL HB User
Question how long do flu like symptoms last?

Recently diagnosed with HSV2 (yesterday, ugh!) and just wondering how long most people experience the flu like symptoms? Mine started about 2 - 3 days after initial exposure (which was about 24 May) and I'm still kind of experiencing them...didn't get any sores, but some tingling, which is still going on. Can anyone tell me how long the first OB will usually last? It's going on 17 days now and I'm totally OVER the flu thing. Thoughts? Experiences?

Old 06-11-2005, 08:33 AM   #2
(female)

youandme HB User
Re: how long do flu like symptoms last?

Hey Rollergirl!
Wel, I can tell you from my own experience that the secondary symptoms lasted for a long time in my case. The blisters or sores cleared up in a week or so, but the swollen lymphs in my groin and tiredness lasted way over a month, I guess I was run down for a bout 2 months. Itīs just the body trying to come to terms with the virus, when it first hits you itīs "whole body experience", so just try to stick through it. In the future it wonīt be so hard . Give yourself time to heal, pamper yourself, get plenty of rest and know, that itīs not going to last forever

The Following User Says Thank You to youandme For This Useful Post:
tryingtobezen (01-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread