It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2005, 04:33 PM   #1
(male)

ohknow42 HB User
Can genital herpes cause blisters on other areas of the body?

Ok, heres the story... While me and my girlfriend were broken up, I stupidly recieved oral sex from someone who had been tested for STDs, but I find out later that they dont test for Herpes in a normal STD screen.

The next day, I made up with my girlfriend and we had some fun in my Hot Tub. We didnt have sex, but there was alot of rubbing of my penis in her genital area.

The next day I started having a burning feeling while urnating, and by the end of the week had a red 'raw' area on the under side of my penis... which I thought might have been from all the 'rubbing' in the hottub, but went to the doctor to be sure.

The doc took a swab of my urethra and tested for gonnhrea/clymedia and it returned positive for gonnahrea. I asked about herpes but was told there was no blisters/lesions so it wasnt that.

Over the next 2 weeks I was treated twice with different meds for the gonnahrea but the irritated area remained and id have pain urinating every 2-3 days or so.

Over this whole time ive abstained from any sexual contact... dont much feel up to it anyway. ;-)

Last week (3 weeks after we got back together) my girlfriend got a couple red 'bites' on her vagina and wrote it off as flea bites.... its that time of year and the cat hadnt been frontlined recently.

Sunday I found a blistery spot on my eyelid and went to the eye doctor who thought it looked like herpes (ive never had a coldsore in my life) and had my doctor perscribe valtrex... and they finally took blood to test for herpes.

My question is about my girlfriend... over the past week shes been getting blisters all over her body... not just confined to the lower torso although the majority are there, but she has gotten them between her toes, on her arms, one on her face, etc.

When she was a kid she had recurrent Chicken Pox, because she was succeptable to it for some reason... and since their related im thinking maybe she got herpes from me and its just much more prevalent with her.

So, can herpes aquired genitally cause blisters all over? or is it possible to aquire herpes all over from being in a 108 degree hot tub with someone who might have been recently infected?

She thinks its poison ivy/oak which she is very alergic to as well... but im worried. She doesnt have insurance so hasnt been to a doctor about it yet.

Anyone have any enlightenment for me?

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread