It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-28-2005, 12:38 PM   #1
(female)

NewNScared HB User
Unhappy White Blood cells???

Hi, I just today got tested for STD's and had a blood test for herpes. I got this done because I noticed some itching below around saturday or sunday. And at first I thought it was because of my period, it tends to be very heavy so because of that I have to wear a pad for extra protection, and I figured because I work in such a hot environement and sweat that was causing the itching, or rash. Well whatever to be safe I went and got tested because I've had two partners in over 2 years both with whom I've had the "have you been tested" talk with. Both told me yes...of course what is a man's word (no offense) anyhow I went in today and she told me she didn't see anything that looked like herpes, but they will do a blood test to make sure because some people never get lesions when they are having an outbreak.....she took a culture and told me that my white blood cells are very high and she is concerned....I don't know what this means, I always thought that white blood cells meant that your body is fighting off an infection, so now I'm very scared that I do have herpes....or something else...I personally feel if I have anything, that herpes would be it, overall the symptoms that you can get I've had all of them except painful urination and lesions. I don't find out for a week or 2 but incase this does go badly is there any advice for me out there, a website I could read or anything to make me not want to throw myself in front of a bus, I'm a strong person...but I dunno how ot make it through if I have this. Thanks for listening....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-29-2005, 10:35 AM   #2
Veteran
(female)

hsvmom HB User
Re: White Blood cells???

an elevated wbc count typically means that you are fighting off a bacterial infection. if you have an elevated wbc and the symptoms you described, then it's even possible you could have a vaginal bacterial infection. The reason she would be concerned is because bacterial infections frequently need treatment or they can get serious.

if it does turn out to be herpes and you want a good site for info and support, then I think this is a great place. Your blood test should be back much sooner than 2wks, and if it is negative might offer some peace of mind. Also, a positive culture typically comes back mush sooner than 2wks, but without an active outbreak, a positive culture isn't likely.

Closed Thread