It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2005, 10:14 AM   #1
(female)

SraKristina HB User
Yeast Infections, Cold Sores, UTI's.. Oh My..

My situation is a very sticky one....

about a month ago about two days after shaving my bikini area i noticed some small white bumps, but they are very normal for me, usually ingrown hairs or the like. All of them have went away except one. it doesn't hurt or pus or itch or anything it just looks like a tiny pinpoint white head.

About 2 weeks ago i lost my voice and had a very bad sore throat and cough and started getting a sort of flu-ish feeling so i went to the dr. who quickly diagnosed me with strep throat. She said my throat looked really red and irritated.. blah blah blah. She prescribed amoxicillin and that did the trick, but after a few days of that i got a very bad yeast infection. All the symptoms and everything so i went and bought some Monistat. But it was a few days before i did that and in those few days the itching was so bad that (and i know this is a giant no-no) i was itching myself and like rubbing in my sleep just to get some relief and when i was taking showers i was really scrubbing at myself. So now i took the monistat and the itching has cleared up but i still have the discharge and now i just feel raw down there and i've noticed a little bit of blood.

In the mean time i've gotten a small fever blister on my lip, but i've always gotton them whenever i'm stressed or in the sun for a long time, and i've definitly been stressed with worrying about this, making up missed time at school and work from being sick, etc.

I know what i need to do is see a doctor, but i dont have any health insurance and i called a free clinic and explained it to her and she said the soonest she can get me in is October 11. What would you all think? I am losing my mind.

Oh yes, i should also mention i am in a relationship, but i haven't had sex in about a month because of all the sickness and he doesnt have any symptoms, actually he got tested when he and his x split up about 9 months ago and didnt have anything.

Oh and i have also have some UTI type symptoms... but i've had UTI's in the past as well

Thanks for any help...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-14-2005, 10:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

backpacker HB Userbackpacker HB User
Re: Yeast Infections, Cold Sores, UTI's.. Oh My..

Probably the antibiotics for the strep caused your yeast infection by killing off the good bacteria that keeps a healthy balance (between bacteria and yeast) in your vagina. That happens frequently. Whenever you have to take antibiotics, also take some probiotics from your health food store. Just go in and ask them about it. The type I have is a powder that you mix into water a few times a day. It would probably be good to go ahead and take a course of them now, since your body seems to have been severely thrown out of kilter. Also, if you like yogurt, eat some PLAIN yogurt every day, because yogurt is cultured with probiotics like acidophilis. I say PLAIN because flavored yogurts do not have live cultures.

I used to have lots of UTI's also, so that the symptoms were present even when I didn't have a real infection. PLease don't let yourself reach this state. I was in pain for 10 years. The most important thing is to learn to drink 8 full glasses of good pure water (not sodas or juice or anything else!) a day, and to avoid coffee and other irritants (real spicy food, cigarettes) like crazy. YOu'll be peeing all the time, and that is just what your urinary tract needs. Don't stop, ever. Those of us who are predisposed to these infections need to keep drinking the water, always. I haven't had an infection in about 15 years now.

Were you asking if you have herpes? No way to know, but I didn't read anything to make me think so.

Old 09-14-2005, 10:55 AM   #3
(female)

SraKristina HB User

thanks so much... ya i was asking if anything sounded herpes-ish... the more i read about it the more mixed signals i get. I wish the damned doctor would see me sooner than a month from now.. also since reading other posts i want to add.. my "cold sores" or "fever blisters" are not clusters or open sores or anything. They are always on the outside of my top lip, they dont itch but they are sensitive, like the feeling when a pimple is about to come through and they always have a whitehead that could be popped. with some redness around them. The bump down there is similar. It is not itching or burning or oozing and it has not changed appearance,shape or size in about a month. The entire area is itching and burning but its coming from inside, if you know what i mean, and i definitly have a yeast infection-ish discharge, which some sites say is a symptom and some say isnt. I'm just nervous and wish i could get some information or a test sooner. The monistat didnt really cure the yeast infection, but it was just the one day dose? im not itching anymore but i still have a lot of discharge... thanks again

Old 09-14-2005, 03:35 PM   #4
(male)

RedLeg81 HB User

Amoxicillin is also prescribed to treat UTI's. So, you probably don't have an UTI since the doc already had you on it.

Closed Thread