It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2005, 09:03 AM   #1
(female)

tiredofbingsick HB User
Single pimple on lip...is it HSV-1?

Occasionally I get a single small pimple like thing along the top of my lip where it meets the skin. It is mildly painful unless I pick at it which makes it very painful. It usually takes a week or so to go away. It is very small and can be covered with makeup. I am wondering if this is HSV-1 since it does not present like a regular pimple that usually heals after I lance it. Instead, it is like a small sore that keeps filling up with stuff and heals on its own time. But, it doesn't look bad like the pictures I see of oral herpes or even look like a cold sore. I know I should not pick it if its Herpes since it can spread! I am always paranoid that I am going to spread it to my hubby below the belt! I have had enough health problems and don't need any more!

Old 12-29-2005, 11:16 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ornament HB User
Re: Single pimple on lip...is it HSV-1?

Dear sickbingsick,

Hopefully today is a good day for you! Anyway, have you had this pimple on/off for quite some time??? Does it flare up, when you're stressed or exhausted...Does it always show up in the same spot??? Sorry, so many ??'s. But, in my opinion - those herpes pictures are such "extreme" cases, it kind of gives the impression, that if the sores don't look horrible - then it may not be herpes. I find that very confusing. Mine (lower region) has NEVER looked as bad as those horriffic pictures. But, if it is herpes - YES, you can give it to your hubby below the belt. Hopefully, for your sake & his it's not.....-ShinyOrn

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-29-2005, 07:25 PM   #3
(female)

tiredofbingsick HB User

Hi Shinyorn-
Thanks for the kind words and I don't mind the questions. It has shown up off and on for at least 10 years or so. It is usually in the same general vicinity. However, I have also had to deal with mild adult acne since that time. Usually one or two pimples in random places, but it's really annoying because I am not a teenager anymore! It does not necessarily show up at severe times of stress, however, I feel stressed all the time so not sure if that counts! Well, as I write, I am fairly convinced that it is not just a pimple!
Hmm...something to worry about instead of sleeping!
Sickofbingsick

Old 12-29-2005, 10:17 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kari7171 HB User

I have had a pimple on my upper lip like that that I wondered about too. It didn't seem like a normal pimple but it also didn't seem like a cold sore. It was very small just like you describe. It would show up in the same spot every two months or so for a few years but suddenly it went away and I never get it anymore. It's probably a pimple. If it was HSV-1 you would get a tingle in that spot before it ever showed up on your lip. That is how I could tell mine was not a cold sore which is a form of herpes. My husband gets a cold sore on his lip and they get huge. Never a small little thing. He always gets a tingle in that spot right before it shows up. Another thing I noticed when I would get them is it would be after giving my husband oral sex. He does not have herpes there or anything but when I started washing my lips and the skin around them after the problem went away. Or if I have him wash right before I give him oral sex then I don't get little pimples around my lips. I think it was bacteria. It's been years since I have had one.

Closed Thread