It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2006, 07:57 PM   #1
(female)

Beth Smith HB User
Sensation of Bugs Crawling Under my skin

Does anyone have the feeling of bugs crawling under their skin in their lips and genetalia areas? Is this a common sympton of HSV 1 and 2?

I have this sensation frequently accompanied with or without itching on an ongoing bases. Health care practioners seem unfamiliar with this when I tell them.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2006, 12:01 AM   #2
(female)

stillme23 HB User
Re: Sensation of Bugs Crawling Under my skin

this sounds like the tingling everyone talks about. I get that too...Have you been diagnosed with HSV? I'm surprised your docs don't recognize this as the tingling feeling that is considered a symptom of a oncoming outbreak or even when it happens during an outbreak....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2006, 12:01 AM   #3
(female)

stillme23 HB User

this sounds like the tingling everyone talks about. I get that too...Have you been diagnosed with HSV? I'm surprised your docs don't recognize this as the tingling feeling that is considered a symptom of a oncoming outbreak or even when it happens during an outbreak....

Old 01-02-2006, 07:25 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

Bugs crawling! Yes...I have that...it's different than that tingling feeling that I get. It feels like...this may be a strange comparision but say you are wet down there and a little bubble comes out of either anal or vaginal...that's how it feels. Just something going over the surface of your skin. It's weird but I certainly have that...more so toward the end of the ob when the sores are about gone.

Old 01-02-2006, 02:48 PM   #5
(female)

Sukiakachan HB User

yeah i get that too, i cant help but think its normal, i suppose its just something that happens in a sensitive area. i mean if the tinyest dust particle gets in my nose i can feel it, so i guess it could be a number of things, from moisture sliding around to blood vessles just pumping blood :3 dont think theres much need to worry

Old 01-02-2006, 04:10 PM   #6
(female)

Beth Smith HB User

Yea, it's a little different than the tingling. I was recently diagnosed with HSV1 and HSV2 and was wondering if it's related or from somthing else. I have OB symptons all of the time, almost every day. The hotline said it could be something else because outbreaks come and go but this is constant.

So I still haven't quite been able to distinguish between predome, OB and healing. When I get a sore down there it's only a small, barely visible red and I don't think it ever crusts over it just goes away eventually. I also have constant issues with my mouth, always tingling and always a tiny red spot in that little peak at the top of my lips.

Anybody experience similar?

Old 01-03-2006, 06:47 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

ohcanada HB User

I had the same thing for six months straight before, during and between outbreaks. I went to my Gyno and he kept saying he could not see anything, it drove me nuts. I found a website on something else called Vulvodynia, and I thought it was that. But I think now, I was on constant outbreak and it was just one of my many symptoms.

I get so confused with the outbreaks. I cant tell the difference between a shaving rash now, a sweat bump or a herpes. My first oubreak was blisters, then after that I had tiny white bumps...it is so confusing.

Old 01-04-2006, 06:52 PM   #8
(female)

Beth Smith HB User

OhCanada,

It sounds like your symptoms are similar to mine. Did the feeling go away then after the 6 months and did it go away on its own or did you use meds or herbal remedies?

Thanks,
B

Old 01-04-2006, 07:28 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

ohcanada HB User

Hi Again,
It was because of this website and others I started to do research about herpes, and ended up telling my doctor about things that he never even knew, ie: asymptomatic shedding.

Anyway, there is also something called PHN...Post Herpatic Neuralgia, that is where the nerves are very sensitive and damaged still in the area that the virus attacked. I read that a drug called Elavil helped it, but for me Elavil gave me heart palpitations so I stopped it.

I got a creme from my gyno called Betamethassone. It really helped to soothe it for me, and in addition to the creme, when I get the crawlies, I use plain old 3% Hydrogen Peroxide. I was told about the peroxide by someone on this site and it also works. I recommend asking your doc or gyno for that creme as it really does sooth things a lot. I used the peroxide for everything else as I find dabbing on the ob helps to greatly reduce the actual o/b time.

Wow, strange, how us herpes folks are always looking for remedies for our conditions, sometimes I just want to scream as it seems from my primary outbreak on, I am in a constant state of one thing or another - lol~! I have to laugh about it sometimes or I will go nuts. Good luck if you try the creme and let me know if it helps you.

Closed Thread