It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-28-2006, 11:59 AM   #1
(male)

scrubaholics HB User
Talking Chlamydia/Cold Sore Relation?

For about the past 1.5 - 2 years, I have struggled with some pretty severe cold sores. They would appear all over my face and lips, even my nose. Recently I went to the doctor with complaints of frequent urination and ended up testing positve for chlamydia. I haven't had a cold sore in many many months since I cured my chlamydia with a single dose of Zithromax. My doctor said I may have been in the small percentage of people that really suffer no symptoms at all or have on and off symptoms of chylamydia. So the more I thought it must have been close to 2 years ago when I caught chlamydia, because I abstained from sex for a long time after the cold sore problem.

My question is .... You think it may be possible that this chlamydia infection that was in my system for this long had something to do with my recurrent and severe cold sores? Could my immune system have been very weak over this period of time with it constantly trying to beat the chlamydia? I know chlamydia is a bacteria and herpes is a virus, but I wonder if my white blood cells were too busy trying to fight the chlamydia thus giving the cold sore herpes virus an easier way to strike?

So to all the severe and recurrent cold sore sufferers out there ...
Make sure you don't have a chlamydia infection?

I'm not sure if this is a medically possible situation, would love to hear what others think, but I know I haven't had bad cold sores in months, where I would normally have atleast one severe outbreak a month.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread