It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2006, 08:12 PM   #1
(female)

juicygal HB User
Acyclovir ointment and changes in OB's over the years

I was diagnosed with HV2 12 years ago. The first year I had recurring OB's with painful blisters that were almost unbearable. Over the years they became very infrequent. OB's would not be blisters anymore, but instead red paper-cut like sores in the crease between my pubic and labia area. I would only use the Acyclovir ointment, and would apply it every few hours for several days. The last few years they became very rare except for when I was under a lot of stress, or after sexual intercourse with my husband, when I'd have a small paper cut sore. Luckily for my husband he never got a bad OB, once very mild with a slight burning and tingling and very faint bumps. In the last few months however, I've been under a great deal of stress as my husband and I are going through a divorce. A few weeks ago for the first time ever, I had an OB of blisters in the anal area that was slightly painful but not very noticeable. (I never had blisters there, except for tiny red cuts here and there.) I used the Acyclovir ointment for a few days and they went away. Now last week (and currently) I had a very bad OB on my outer pubic area, with a cluster of small white painful blisters. I never had an outbreak there before that I can remember. I got a prescription for the 3-day oral Valtrex and it didn't seem to make much of a difference. The blisters would hurt, then break open, then become blisters again. So I started applying the Acyclovir ointment twice so far today, and immediately they started to dry up. I know that all the terrible fights and arguments we've been having has probably caused these flare-ups, but it's unusual and disheartening that now after all these years I start to have these painful blisters again. Especially when I think about entering into a new relationship with someone else.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread