It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-09-2006, 02:04 AM   #1

Elisha HB User
Cold sore under the nose? Very Long Read/Kind of vent-ish.

I had been having problems with an "itchy" eye which is not so uncommon for me until it seemed to turn into "full blown" conjunctivitis which I've had before. Last Wednesday, I took a nap and when I woke up I noticed a small reddish bump under my nose {and I think I saw an even smaller bump next to it}-both seemed to have fluid inside of them. I immediately think "oh well, it's official I have a herpes infection" and spent all night searching the internet which only confirmed my thoughts. I admit I've had an "obsession" with it lately...and even posted on ********.com because several threads about celebrities with herpes kept popping up on the internet...Needless, to say I felt depressed because here I was paranoid and trying to avoid cold sores because I was like I don't want to get it. However, the odds that I have it is very high. For one, a family member used to break out with cold sores and I have eaten and drunk after them {not when they had an outbreak though}. I figured I was exposed to them when I was young child because of the many different situations that would have made it more likely for me to get it. Second, I've had the chicken pox before so it wouldn't be a stretch for me to catch a cold sore from someone else even if they weren't having an active breakout. A few minutes after I noticed the bumps they became painful {very quick turn around} and they were filled with fluid. It looked like a whitehead and there was minor itching...so all day Thursday I was very depressed...thinking I won't ever be able to kiss again or that if I wanted to particpate in sexual interludes in the future I would have to use some form of protection {to protect the person}. I read about ocular herpes and since I was experiencing what seemed like full blown conjunctivities, I started freaking out thinking I had "herpes" in the eye...now the eye irritation started before the bumps appeared....so I went to a medical clinic and explained the symptoms {because I was having lower back pain which is something else all together} and the nurse practictioner {who was the only "health professional" at the clinic that day} said that it was just a pimple. She checked my eyes with the little light they use and gave me eyedrops and allergy medication. I told her that I might have herpes in the eye and she was like if that was the case you would have bumps all around the outside of eye...Okay, but I was like isn't this a cold sore that I have under my nose? She was like cold sores are usually on or very close to the lips...which may be true in some cases but I've googled some pictures and you get them literally anywhere. She was like sometimes when your immune system is low you break out in pimples . I've had minor acne before...My mom even says that it's a pimple and not a cold sore...she said a cold sore looks more worse. The thing is that I remember having a "acne breakout" under my nose before not just in one place like this time but I thought it was an acne breakout but now I realize it's an actual cold sore...whatever it is it never seems to form a hard red/purplish/brown scab...but why are these people mis-diagnosing me? The nurse could have at least took a skin sample to confirm my suspicians ...from everything I've read online I have a cold sore. Ocular herpes is nothing to play with...you could go blind. She did look in my eye so I guess if I had it in the eye she would have seen the ulcer on my cornea...I don't know...maybe I don't have it in the eye but I think I have it on the face...it just really bums me out....I guess it could much worse since some people actually have herpes simplex 2 and I don't have that. I do have to be more careful because herpes simplex 1 can spread elsewhere .

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2006, 04:43 AM   #2
(female)

juicygal HB User
Re: Cold sore under the nose? Very Long Read/Kind of vent-ish.

I understand you are just stressing right now and thinking the worst. I don't know if this will make you feel better, but I do have Herpes II. I also have Herpes I and get cold sores from time to time. I also get conjunctivitis a lot, which is a completely different thing from Herpes. I just had conjunctivitis for over a month back in January-February. My doctor first gave me antibiotic eye drops for it which didn't help. So then I told her I think it's just my allergies so she gave me Rx allergy eye drops for it, which helped a little, but very slowly. I get real bad allergies and they always affect my eyes the worst. I also get cold sores in the corners of my mouth, which are never blisters, but just red painful cuts and that are only noticeable to me. This thing on your nose sounds just like a pimple. I get them sometimes inside my nose, and I really do think if it was a herpes sore it would look really terrible and much worse than what you're describing. I think too that if it was a cold sore you'd also be getting cold sores around your mouth every once in awhile. I think that almost everyone these days does have Herpes I though, cold sores around the mouth, so I wouldn't worry about never having relations someone because of that. Just never ever have oral with someone when you have a cold sore around your mouth, and never let your partner perform oral on you if they do. That is how I contracted Herpes II. Just calm down, pick up some comfort food, and watch a happy movie.

Old 04-09-2006, 12:23 PM   #3

Elisha HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicygal
I understand you are just stressing right now and thinking the worst. I don't know if this will make you feel better, but I do have Herpes II. I also have Herpes I and get cold sores from time to time. I also get conjunctivitis a lot, which is a completely different thing from Herpes. I just had conjunctivitis for over a month back in January-February. My doctor first gave me antibiotic eye drops for it which didn't help. So then I told her I think it's just my allergies so she gave me Rx allergy eye drops for it, which helped a little, but very slowly. I get real bad allergies and they always affect my eyes the worst. I also get cold sores in the corners of my mouth, which are never blisters, but just red painful cuts and that are only noticeable to me. This thing on your nose sounds just like a pimple. I get them sometimes inside my nose, and I really do think if it was a herpes sore it would look really terrible and much worse than what you're describing. I think too that if it was a cold sore you'd also be getting cold sores around your mouth every once in awhile. I think that almost everyone these days does have Herpes I though, cold sores around the mouth, so I wouldn't worry about never having relations someone because of that. Just never ever have oral with someone when you have a cold sore around your mouth, and never let your partner perform oral on you if they do. That is how I contracted Herpes II. Just calm down, pick up some comfort food, and watch a happy movie.
Hello juicygal, I admit that I'm only feeling slightly better. I asked my mom to look at it again and she said that it's just a bump...it has popped and now it's just a reddish bump. She kept saying it would leave a worse scar than that what I have. I've had acne before that leaves red scars but I don't know I just feel like this is different..I've did a thorough search to see if this was acne and from what I read I don't think it is. I did read that over 90% of people have a cold sore-or the virus lying dormant in their system. Wow, that is horrible that you contracted Hepes Simplex II from someone who had a cold sore...I've read that it could happen which is why cold sores freak me out...it is so common but there is also a stigma that is attached to it...I visit entertainment forums a lot and people post disgusted comments when celebrity "herpes" thread are making the rounds...I admit that the actor/musician in question becomes less appealing to me. Hopefully, they will find a cure for this one day...but I doubt it .

Old 04-12-2006, 03:43 PM   #4

Elisha HB User

Now, I have similar red bumps on the side of my nose...the other bump under my nose never really scabbed or looked like an actual "sore" but now I get the same pimples on the side of my nose...I haven't been using my acne wash lately but I don't get it...if these are some mild form of cold sores or Herpes Simplex 1 do they breakout simultaneously like this? The bumps are a little sore again and reddish. I also notice other bumps on my face as well but they are not red...I'm thinking maybe these are some kind of pimple that I'm just not aware of...or is it some kind of mild-very mild-cold sore? *shrugs*

Last edited by Elisha; 04-12-2006 at 03:45 PM.

Old 09-10-2006, 10:00 PM   #5

Elisha HB User

Update: I did break out with bumps/acne {the usual acne spots}...not sure if it was a cold sore or not but I do get bumps in the same area under my nose but they don't look like blisters and they aren't painful. The nurse practicioner could have done a skin test back when I went in but didn't..just chalked it up to good old pimples--yeah right. I get painful acne or nodules under the skin in the cheek area--that's acne though. *Sigh* Now, I know for sure that if I have not been exposed to herpes simplex 1 {because of the "history"} it's likely that I am now since I let a family member sip my water bottle and they only let me know today that they have a small "fever blister" in the corner of their mouth! It was dark and I couldn't tell and even today I couldn't really see anything...I swear I should have learned to stop drinking after family members a long time ago! Since I'm the offspring of "said" person, I have it anyway according to what I'm reading on here. According to what I'm reading on this site, anything from chapped lips to whitehead pimples are cold sores. I need to get tested for once and for all just so I can confirm it...thus far I have never had anything but actual whiteheads on my lips {I have gotten blackheads too} but not full, blown out sores that are unsightly...but still. It gets to me because whenever I see an unsightly cold sore on others, it irks me...cold sores irk me to no end and when I thought I might have them I felt very down! I'm like No! Okay, I guess I'm kind of accepting it now . I'm going to research the right tests since I've read similar topics on 146 pages of this forum about the accuracy rate of tests and just do it--just to get it over and confirm it. Question: Now, this is a stretch but I read a post on another site not related to health that said some people are born with a natural immunity to the herpes simplex viruses and I was very skeptical about that since it seems the whole ___ world has some form of herpes!

Closed Thread