It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2006, 04:01 AM   #1
(female)

olivia80 HB User
So confused do i have herpes or what?

I am so confused,let me explain,i regularly shave all my pubic hair off,my partner and i like it that way.Anyway in January i did my usual and a couple of day slater came up in awful painful blisters,they were on top mf my vagina and on the inside of the lips of my vagina,i immediatly thought i had cought a std so off i went to the docs,she had a look and said it didnt look like herpes but gave me anitbiotics anyway and Zovirax,it didnt seem to do much and eventually went on its own,i also went to the std clininc to get a 2nd opinion and the doc there also thought it didnt look like Herpes but took a swab anyawy,my results came back neg but they told me its very hard to get a positive result as they need to swab it when it is blisters.
I do however recall using a razor that had been sitting in my shower for a few days and the nurse said i may have picked up an infection from the rust on the razor?

Anyway i now have a repeat of what happened in january although not asd bad,again i think i used an old razor and i did use baby oil,the thing that im confused about is i thought it was going,i went to the gym got all sweaty then started to feel uncomfortable so i had a look down there and it seemed to have spread? Im very uncomfortable right now and very confused.
My partner and i have been completely faithful to one and other however my partner regularly suffers from coldsores??? I do not ever recall us having oral sex when he had one though,any advice would be great x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-10-2006, 05:04 PM   #2
(male)

over21 HB User
Re: So confused do i have herpes or what?

Never trust a visual exam as proof that you have or do not have herpes. A culture test is commonly negative because of timing issues or there just wasn't enough of the virus at the time of swabbing.

I would suggest getting an IgG type specific blood test, HerpeSelect is the most common. Skip the older IgM test, they're unreliable for the testing of herpes.

Old 04-10-2006, 05:51 PM   #3
Inactive
(male)

Jasko HB User

Get the blood test or go straight in to your doc's office the morning you notice blisters again.

Old 04-18-2006, 01:06 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

mayam HB User

It could also be impetigo. You have to be very careful with hygiene and use a razor only once before disposing of it.

Closed Thread