It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2006, 08:09 AM   #1
(female)

Pistachi0 Nut HB User
Lesion won't heal?

My fiance and I were both recenltly diagnosed with herpes, though it seems I've had it for about 2 years and didn't know it. I experience extremely mild symptoms, but my fiance's are just terrible! In his last breakout, once his lesions started healing over, he broke out again in a different spot. Now it seems he may break out again in another completely seperate spot (he hasn't used any medication throughout this breakout, its his second one). His breakout has lasted about a month. He has one certain spot along the bottom edge of the head of his penis that has large open wound type lesion that simply will not heal. It scabs over and acts like it will heal right up and then the scab falls off and it looks like a big open wound again.

A couple theories I have is that he goes commando every day. Maybe that irritates it too much? Secondly, can the lesion which has lasted this long possibly benifit from prescription treatment at this point? Should be just wait it out this time? Any suggestions?

Last edited by Pistachi0 Nut; 06-06-2006 at 12:10 PM.

Old 06-09-2006, 08:50 PM   #2
(female)

ieshaj HB User
Re: Lesion won't heal?

I would have him get on meds. Acyclovir by doc or L-lysine over the counter. It is in the vitamin section. I think having them breathe is better for them. Make sure he does not reuse the same bath towel everyday. And not to touch the outbreak and touch somewhere else without washing. That may happen in his sleep if he is going commando.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2006, 06:01 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

When I first had an OB, it lasted for at least 2 months then another and another and so on and so on where as my BF that gave it to me wasn't even aware he had herpes because his symptoms were so mild. He's probably just one of the unlucky ones...I had wonderful luck with putting Vitamin E oil on a lesion that did not want to go away...I think he probably should make an exception with the underwear while he's having this OB...I think it would be better to rub on cotton instead of demin etc. Plus it would keep the ooz off of his pants. Irritation can definately cause a lesion to stay around because I had a bad place on my buttocks side and scratched it and it became probably twice as big immediately...I know...strange, but true!!!!!!! I think that Oil of Oregano helped a lot...I also used that Tagamet treatment: 200mg/morning/noon/evening and then 400 mg when you go to bed...I do believe that this is what finally just knocked it for me...you can get the generic and it's not expensive. I used this for 3 days and finally felt like the symptoms were gone...then any time I feel "weird", I will take it for a day or two until I feel like I have no symptoms. Some of this may be that my body is finally fighting it off on it's own but it did seem like I got immediate relief from the OOO and then again with the Tagamet when some symptoms were still lingering like small itchy spots on my body and also the tingly feet.

Old 06-12-2006, 10:02 AM   #4
(female)

Pistachi0 Nut HB User

Thanks! Im glad to know that there are other people who have had this problem, I thought maybe it was just him. ^_^ I'll let him know about the bathtowel thing because I'm sure he uses the same one every day. Thanks again!

Closed Thread