It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Herpes Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2006, 03:07 AM   #1
(male)

renaldoaoa HB User
possible misdiagnosed?

Lets see if I can explain this correctly..

About 1 1/2 year ago I went to the doc with 3 bumps on the shaft of my penis.
I used betadine on them and they ended up just turning into dried up pit marks.
He took a culture (didnt show up anything) and gave me some dox.

The bumps were there for over 3 weeks until I started taking the dox and they started to go away immediatly.

A month later I had a cluster of bumps (white heads turning into one big whitehead) went back to the doc, did a culture, and tested pos for type 2.

A few months later I got a bump on my left inside thigh, but the bump was black and blue with the middle being soft and squishy. After about a month I decided to pop it and only blood came out. After doing that the bump went down but left a black and blue mark on my skin. I've been in the frame of mind that this was just a spider bit.
I showed the doc and he didnt seem too concerned.

Then a little bit later I got a bump (hard/painful/shiny) on my left inside leg where the crease is between the leg and scrodom. I left this alone and it went away leave a barely noticeable red mark.

Now I have a bump on my right side scrotom thats hard, rounded, red, and hurts when I touch it. This bump isnt connect to my testicle, but only on the sack skin itself.

Now with all that being said, Ive only had ONE herpes outbreak (descrpition first part above) and I havent seen anything more from it. I dont take any meds except for..
multivitiman 1x day
echinacea 1x morning
olive leaf extract 1x night

These help build up your immunity to the desease, but from what I hear I should have had more than just the one. Not that Im complaning but Im thinking that I mightve been misdiagnosed. Im only saying that because of only having the one and now I just having these big bumps every now and then.
Of course It might be possible that I have 2 different things and one was missed.

Id also like to add that I was with the same person after taking the dox. I also somewhere mixed up in all of this had a bad sore throat problem one time. I had little white headed pimples (thought was strep) in my throat that was causing me alot of pain. At that time I went to emergency room and they gave me something that made them go away. A few weeks later I called them up for the culture results and all they told me was it wasnt strep.

Whew!!

Any views on possible misdiagnosed?
Are this big bumps normal with herpes?
Does this sound like something else? ex.. Gonorrhea, chlamydia?

I plan on going back to the doctor in the next few weeks (gotta wait till insurance kicks in) but I would like to get others opinions on this before I go.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2006, 05:21 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User
Re: possible misdiagnosed?

I'm not so sure that all those other bumps and sores weren't herpes also...each time I have an OB, it's pretty much something different each time. I've had bumps under the skin and I've had rashes that are like poison ivy, I've had bumps the turn into blisters. I can't say that I know for sure these other sores are 100% herpes but it's possible but I think you do need to go back to the doctor and have a complete STD workup including HIV.

Closed Thread